help CA m14 jamming on semi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help CA m14 jamming on semi

Hi there I need a bit of help I recently picked up a CA m14 and on the first time I took it out it keeps on jamming on semi, as in pull the trigger and the gearbox goes ‘nurgg’ and stops working until you change to full auto were it starts firing again. I asked the marshals and they gave a vague response of the trigger switch is faulty. So my question is would a replacement V3 switch form any of the shops that sell them work or is it the actual design of the CA gearbox that makes it jam?

I would love to get this up to near 400fps for that extra reach (currently at 320) but cant do that until we figure out why it is jamming

Thanks again
    meddy

hoarder of ksc glocks currently 11+ parts and counting

Re: help CA m14 jamming on semi

try running a 9.6v in it to see if that helps, It could be the trigger contacts, if your not sure yourself though, give it to a shop/techie to look at, and i dont think v3 parts fit, it has a v7 Gb if im correct
    sigpic

Comment

the ca and g&g m14 are v3 gearboxes from my research and the TM are v7. its my one fault for buying second hand...

Comment

no they are all v7 as they all are copies of the tm version, near on all parts are compatible with each other, i owned the classic army version mate, the gearboxes are hard to get to, but fairly simple to work on
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JOE90 View Post
          no they are all v7 as they all are copies of the tm version, near on all parts are compatible with each other, i owned the classic army version mate, the gearboxes are hard to get to, but fairly simple to work on
          the internet has lied to me!! anyway i'll take it to a shop and getthem to give me a quote thanks again

Comment

Dam, my m14 has just started doing this and it's an intermittent problem for me, generally a short burst on full auto fixes it for a bit but like you say I hate that "nurgh" noise. Was hoping I wouldn't have to take it to a shop

Comment

Originally posted by JOE90 View Post
              This isn't quite right

The CA is a copy of the G&G GR14 gearbox. It is a diferent size so TM mags will not fit into a CA gun. CA/G&G mags have a step cut into them so they clear the BIGGER gearbox.

The TM V7 is 90% incompatable with the GR14 gearbox!!!

The CA/ G&G gearbox has different trigger, trigger actuator, fire-select lever, gears and switch to the V7.
              The CA/G&G gear box WILL take V3 gears. (and an AUG hop)

The GR14 gear box was the original M14 gearbox, the TM V7 came out after. CA copied G&G but left out the spring release from their version and a copy of the TMv7 is used in the KART and CYMA clones.

Oh and the gearbox is lovely to work on...Much easier than the nasty V2 ;-)

Comment

so im looking at my gun has a fault that cant be fixed
                hmm i think i will just leave it as it is, possibly upgrade it from 320 to 350ish and save up and get a TM one if i can be bothered to go DMR

it will probably break and end up as a wall hanger

Comment

All guns can be fixed.. (if you have the money )

I've currently got a CA M14 thats firing intermitantly on semi and not stopping on auto

The problem is the switch is jaming In on auto and up in semi.

Needs a little work with a dremel and some lube.

PS I've just found out that there is a 3rd type of M14 gear box

ECHO1 made one out of V2/3/6 parts that was copied by Kart, A&K, AGM, Star

so you have the V7 all TM V7 parts used by TM and CYMA
                  The GR14 used by G&G and CA with some V2/3 parts
                  and the ECHO1 with all V2/3/6 parts

CA and G&G parts are available from the manufacturer..... G&G take paypal
                  Last edited by cannon_fodder; 3 May, 2011, 16:47.

Comment

Just finished working on a CA M14 which had a similar fault.

The problem was caused by a faulty switch that had been damaged by heat /arcing on the contacts.

Fixed by grinding then pollishing all the black crap of the switch with a dremel.
                    cleaned and regreased the switch slide. replaced the switch spring.

now fires perfectly on semi.

Fix cost nothing, the owner owes me a beer...simple

Comment

Originally posted by cannon_fodder View Post
                      Just finished working on a CA M14 which had a similar fault.

The problem was caused by a faulty switch that had been damaged by heat /arcing on the contacts.

Fixed by grinding then pollishing all the black crap of the switch with a dremel.
                      cleaned and regreased the switch slide. replaced the switch spring.

now fires perfectly on semi.

Fix cost nothing, the owner owes me a beer...simple
                      hmmm i have a dremmel somewhere ... ya think i could do it? what spring did you replace it with? what kind of grease did you use? do you think it will happen again? how long is a piece of string?

you said g&g stuff fits theres switches fot g&p m14 on a well supported would they fit??

meddy
                      Last edited by meddy; 6 May, 2011, 04:27.

Comment

I don't think this has been mentioned but I read that some guns don't like semi auto on a battery that isn't fully charged, I was having the same problem as you and fully charging the battery fixed the problem for me.

Comment

There's a much simpler fix.

-Take the battery out.

-Plug it into a TM M14.

-Done.

Comment

well trigger switch was dead and the motor cage was nearly undone all the way and the piston head was losing compression
                            luckly i found another working gearbox on here and i'm going to put that one in as soon as i replace the wiring on it

@The Keeper of Secrets
                            lol true, but got this so might as well make it work
                            Last edited by meddy; 3 July, 2011, 19:45. Reason: spelling

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

meddy CBA to spell correctly as this is the internet and not a school or a court of law. Find out more about meddy
                            Working...
                            X