TM M14 - High Torque gears...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM M14 - High Torque gears...

Do you guys think for a single shot only, 400 FPS locked Tokyo Marui M14, I would also need high torque gears to cope? Personally I think TM gears could handle a 400 FPS spring, though if anyone has any experience doing it, please inform me

Re: TM M14 - High Torque gears...

your normal gears can handle that no problem but high torque gears will last much longer

some JG's come firing at 370/380 and they last fine no problems on full auto but high torque gears will give you peice of mind when getting close to 400fps and will last for ages when used in a semi auto set up - good investment but not essential.

If you have the cash, put them in and if not the stock gears will be fine until you raise the cash.
    But you can pick up a mint set for around 50 quid which im sure you could raise no problems.

Personally a semi auto weapon firing at 400fps, with a good hop bucking and tightbore barrel is the most effective weapon out there, so you might aswell add the high torque gears to beef it up a bit.

A mosfet would be pretty nice aswell for better trigger response, which is where the high torques will be needed for quick semi firing without breaking under the stress.
    Last edited by Big John; 19 July, 2009, 15:03.

Comment

TM m14s are geared more towards torque than standard TM V2 gears. The gears can take an m120 no problem. Get some metal bushings in it though, I wouldn't go for bearings in this application.

As for experience. I've seen a TM m14 push 475 with nothing more than a new spring. Still alive after about 1k rds.
      sigpic
      Tanaka M700 RealSword SVD TM VSR
      I want your broken Tanaka shotguns!

Comment

Agreed, The M14 handles upgrades better that some people think. Back along when they first came out (before aftermarket gears and such were around for it) i remember there were a few US players just dropping in M150s with nothing more than steel bushings and they were going or a long time.
        I upgraded a mates M14 a few months short of last years weekender, just dropped in an M120 + Steel bushings, gave the GB and parts a clean up and reshim and its still going strong today. And that thing has had at least 8 bags of KSC perfects though it since then.

And as dope said, the M14 gears are higher torque,(V7) 21.76:1 as opposed to 18.7:1 (V2/3), which is close to the ratio of Systema's torque up set. The lighter load on the motor shows as the ROF barely dropped after i fitted that spring. Still kept with the 3700mah 8.4v pack and gets decent trigger response.

The Sector gear material is what lets the gear set down, it does fair better with increased spring rates than it does cycle rates, but for reliability purposes i wouldn't push it past M120.
        dsgdreamteam

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Kodiak TM gun nut Find out more about Kodiak
        Working...
        X