SCAR to 425fps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCAR to 425fps

Sorry in advance if this topic has already been discussed, I searched for it but couldn't find anything suitable.

I am looking to take my CA Scar to 425fps and just use semi and I rarely use auto and might as well get the extra fps.

At the moment all of the parts are stock except a Systema M110 spring and a G&P M120 motor.

For my scar to cope with the extra strain of 425fps would I need to replace the piston?
    I have also been trying to find a new Hop Unit desperately for my SCAR but haven't been able to locate one as the adjustment is different on the SCAR. I am also debating between going the Systema or TM route for this upgrade.
    I am also going to get a Prommetheus 6.03 inner barrel and extend it into the silencer (550mm) would this mean I would need a new cylinder to prevent suck back?
    Would a spring bearing guide be a good idea to take some of the strain off of the motor? And as we are on springs, I have noticed that the systema one tends to flux with its fps so is there a more consistent make?

Also would any of the electronics need replacing to accommodate this, e.g mosfet fitted for a quicker trigger response?

Any advice or experience would be appreciated.

Sorry again if this has already been covered.

Alex
    WTB: TM HI-CAPA 5.1! CASH WAITING! PM ME!

Re: SCAR to 425fps

Most M120s will take you to around 425fps if you have good air seal and a correctly matched Cylinder type to barrel length. For a 550mm barrel, you will need to switch out the 3/4 ported Cylinder for a non ported one (Type 0) in order to get optimal results with that barrel.

For spring related consistency, in my own testing Madbull, PDI and Prometheus springs have proved to be the most consistent.

Spring guide with bearings, IIRC the CA SCARs came with "upgraded" parts (basically cloned Systema parts), the spring guide in there should already have ball bearings.

Trigger response; You will want to be running a decent high drain 9.6v pack (ideally 20A+), a MOSFET will add to efficiency and pretty much ensure the mechanical switch will last for ever. But as a bare minimum measure, get the 9.6v pack.

Other stuff,
    Check the Piston/Cylinder assembly for air leaks, I'm not sure how CAs are these days, but years ago they had pretty bad air seal, the o-ring on the piston head was always to blame. TM piston heads always give a good seal, I'm sure many people including me have a few spares going.
    Piston, CAs yellow will be fine for 425fps on semi auto, you wont need to replace it.

Hope this helps,
    dsgdreamteam

Comment

Re: SCAR to 425fps

try to do evrey thing to increase the FPs with out changing the spring first then change the spring you may well get a smaller spring in then reduceing the ware on your gear box and my first recomendation for this would be a 6.01mm diamiter barrel
      Pure Plastic Pwnage

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TB-Stalker Running a small upgrade service for people looking to build themselves a DMR. Find out more about TB-Stalker
      Working...
      X