Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Video: How to Fit Battery Connectors

Hey guys,

Got another video for you. This one is another tutorial and is about soldering on new battery connectors. I've taken some advice from feedback for my previous video - I've tried to keep more to the point, better lighting, done some editing and tried to keep babbling... well not to a minimum but less of it than before

Please watch it, rate it and let me know what you think - all feedback is good feedback! (mostly)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pK7UL...mbedded#at=624

Re: New Video: How to Fit Battery Connectors

Cracking video, very helpful.

Bit off topic, but do you know how to replace the pins for a tamiya connector? I need to replace them on one of my AEG's.
    WANTED: Dynatec BFG.

Comment

Any particular reason why the link starts the video in the middle?

Comment

Great video mate but once again it is a tad too long but its still the best and most detailed video on how to do this I have ever seen ,

Well done *claps hands*.

Comment

Perfectly fine, dont worry to much about the length its better to have the info then people can skip or watch if they want.

Comment

Always good to have tech videos. Wish there was one like this around when I was setting up my XT60's!

Comment

Good job mate, very helpful.

Comment

Seriously, thank you for the feedback. I really appreciate it!

Originally posted by DCRISP07 View Post
                Bit off topic, but do you know how to replace the pins for a tamiya connector? I need to replace them on one of my AEG's.
                I'll have to look this up (I'm at the Uprising) :-p but I believe that Tamiya's use pins that need to be crimped before inserting them into the plastic connector. I may be completely wrong but I believe that's the case. What's your situation?

Comment

Originally posted by No1_sonuk View Post
                  Any particular reason why the link starts the video in the middle?
                  There shouldn't be any! I think it's YouTube being a touch buggy :-)

Comment

Originally posted by KaRcop View Post
                    Seriously, thank you for the feedback. I really appreciate it!

I'll have to look this up (I'm at the Uprising) :-p but I believe that Tamiya's use pins that need to be crimped before inserting them into the plastic connector. I may be completely wrong but I believe that's the case. What's your situation?
                    Bought a second hand gun, the mini tamiya from the gun looks like it's been chewed on, so the female conectors were all mashed and it was stopping the motor working, so basically just clipped them off, and stripped the wire back ready to put some more on.

Didn't know if I need to solder them on or need any specific electronics tools to get them on the wire.

Comment

Tamiyas do use pins that are crimped normally, but I've head of some RC guys squeezing more capacity out of them by soldering onto the pin before putting them back into the tamiya housing. Though if you have it out you may as well go for deans.

Comment

very good. i raise my hat to you sir.
                        Originally posted by richardy
                        Its like preying to the mechbox gods, but preying to the angel of alignment, give us speedy and safe entry into the 1st tooth of life.
                        Amen.
                        Originally posted by midas
                        lol....Oh forgive me gun tech for I have sinned....

Comment

It sounds like you'll need to order a new female Tamiya connector, which should come with all you need. Soldering the wires to the pins will give you a more guaranteed consistency for sure.

If it was me I'd upgrade to better connectors while you're fiddling with them. The advantage of Deans or XT60 is that they tend to have a lower resistance and better current handling ability than Tamiya. I personally prefer the XT60 because of the fit of the connectors and they're easier to solder than Deans. But if you just want to fit the one replacement connector then head over to a shop that sells components (I can PM a link if you need) and just get the one replacement.

Comment

Cheers, yeah, I'm gonna go to Deans when I go lipo in the future, when I've got a better income and can start splashing out on airsoft more but for now, gonna stick with tamiya so I don't need to faff around with changing all my batts too.

Hopefully it'll all be alright then, just look fiddly as hell hence the worry.

Comment

Useful video, also hilarious with the "transcribe audio" subtitles on. =]
                              sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

KaRcop I'm a pilot. Find out more about KaRcop
                              Working...
                              X