Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have I fried my battery?

Hi all,
    This morning my battery decided to part company with it's tamiya connector and of course when it came away the wires touched and sparked a couple of times.
    So it shorted and the battery felt warm to touch for a little while, I have since charged it and it seems to work ok but am I likely to have caused damage to cells etc?
    It's a 9.6v 1600mah battery.
    Cheers
    G&P L119A1 classic look ASCU / G&P L119A1 modern look / WE CO2 1911 / DBoys Kar98 / S&S Lee Enfield SMLE

Re: Have I fried my battery???

not if it wasnt prelonged no, ive done this by accident a couple times with no issues reported
    sigpic

Comment

same happened to me when changing connectors. Have had no problems
      TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

its only realy fried if it starts to smoke and battery acid escapes
        PM me if you're looking for S-ARMS M4 mags

Comment

Ah cool I'm not gonna worry too much then, I'll see how it lasts tomorrow! cheers guys
          G&P L119A1 classic look ASCU / G&P L119A1 modern look / WE CO2 1911 / DBoys Kar98 / S&S Lee Enfield SMLE

Comment

I've never done anything like that...whistles quietly...twiddles thumbs and tries to sneak away befor anyone notices....
            Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

lol, ive exploded batteries and all sorts, nearly set my front room on fire once, funnily enough it wasnt even these volatile lipos that every one is terrified of
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by midas View Post
                I've never done anything like that...whistles quietly...twiddles thumbs and tries to sneak away befor anyone notices....
                you big liar you melt stuff and burn out components constantly
                TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

It happens to us all as long as you catch it in time your good.

Lipos a little more succetable as some companys use small internal wires for bridging cells they go underneath the heat shrink.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Mike581 Ex Forces Find out more about Mike581
                  Working...
                  X