LiPo use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LiPo use

Just transfered to Lipo batts in order to use my RIS L85 without a PEQ or whatever.

All rigged up lipo alarm and what have you. The problem is that the lipo alarm goes of for a short period of time every time a shot or small burst is fired. (battery shown as full charge), and once firing ceases, siren stops and lights on alarm show green for both cells.

Is this normal? Its annoying as hell.

Delta//Joe.
    Goes by the callsign "Iceman" to avoid confusion with the entire Delta team...

Originally posted by Grounded_Pilot
    ...changed my mind.

Putting a BB in a silencer then using it as a blowpipe. that's the best.
    a whole 85fps!

Re: LiPo use

Its normal mate, i dont play with my indicator plugged in, as when a shot is fired its draining the battery for that short moment, leave it out, and just test with it, you know when a lipo is running low as you notice the drop in rof, They literally run the same speed till theyre near enough dead, so soon as rof drops then take it out and change.
    sigpic

Comment

Super, thank you! I was worrying for a second that my lovely new-found RoF was fatally flawed.

...changed my mind.

a whole 85fps!

Comment

Originally posted by JOE90 View Post
        Its normal mate, i dont play with my indicator plugged in, as when a shot is fired its draining the battery for that short moment, leave it out, and just test with it, you know when a lipo is running low as you notice the drop in rof, They literally run the same speed till theyre near enough dead, so soon as rof drops then take it out and change.
        Yep. Normal behaviour. I've stopped putting the alarm on mine and just stop firing as soon as ROF drops.

Comment

the lipo alarm is triggering because your mah on the lipo is too low and is struggling to power the gun, presuming your using a 800mah 7.4v lipo with a low c-rating say 10-15c
          draing more power from a lipo than it can deliver is very damaging to the battery and can destroy it quicker than letting its voltage drop to low
          m14/l1a1/thompson/sten/sig552/kac pdw/svd/l85a2/mp40/m16vn/car15/type56/mac10/scorpion/m79/m1 carbine/m60vn/stoner63/vfc bar/xm177e2/grease gun/ar57/m1911/uzi/aksu/mp5 b&t/ppsh41/mpl/diy sog rpd/acm m500/galil/

Comment

I was going to say exactly that.

I have a 3300mah 25c 7.4 and the alarm has never gone off.

Comment

its a 15c (burst 30) 1200 crane stock one.

...changed my mind.

a whole 85fps!

Comment

i had a small vanaras lipo in a peq 15 800mah 15c this will only supply 12a max and in a 320fps gun the alarm went off every time i fired a burst as the gun is pulling more current than the battery can supply.
                my l85 with the hornbill ris uses a 2200mah 20-30c crane stock battery that fits in the ris exactly including the alarm
                m14/l1a1/thompson/sten/sig552/kac pdw/svd/l85a2/mp40/m16vn/car15/type56/mac10/scorpion/m79/m1 carbine/m60vn/stoner63/vfc bar/xm177e2/grease gun/ar57/m1911/uzi/aksu/mp5 b&t/ppsh41/mpl/diy sog rpd/acm m500/galil/

Comment

Originally posted by Delta149 View Post
                  its a 15c (burst 30) 1200 crane stock one.
                  Theres your reason.

Comment

what fps is the gun ,as that battery should supply a minimun of 18amp and is okay for a aeg doing around the 350fps mark
                    also what make is the battery and what balancer charger do you use as imbalanced cells will trigger the alarm

Comment

... Have you ever tried to fit something larger in an L85's RIS front end? Lol.

It'll suffice for now.

...changed my mind.

a whole 85fps!

Comment

is this the hornbill or genuine ris

Comment

My L85 LiPos are 20c.

Comment

Sorry, my reply was to those suggesting a 3000 MAH battery.

Its a hornbill one, and I got the 1200 as a sort of test run, first venture into LiPos. Thanks to all for advice, it should happily function for tomorrow.

...changed my mind.

a whole 85fps!

Comment

if you get any more problems then this 2200 vaportex battery fits perfect.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Delta149 Find out more about Delta149
                              Working...
                              X