one bitch of a gearbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• one bitch of a gearbox

heya guys if the gearbox is making an ugly whiny sound every time it fires does it mean theres too much shimming? it also seems to only work when the buttplate for the PISTOL GRIP is unscrewed slightly

whats goooing ooon??

Re: one bitch of a gearbox

That is your motor alignment. If you have to unscrew the grip slightly, then the motor is pushed too far in. Tighten the handle again and you should see a small allen key hole on the bottom of it. Loosen the grub screw and check how it sounds as you go. Stop when it is quietest.

Comment

ah yeah thanks man ive tried all that the motor alignment screw has been all the way in and all the way out its really weird never happened to me before after 4-5 different guns it just only seems to fire properly when the butt plates undone

Comment

make sure your motor "bounces" up and down freely on its spring, if it doesnt make it so number 1.

Comment

it does get stuck occasionally =/ how can i free it?

Comment

depends on where its getting stuck i guess. Some grips ive had to sand them a little but usually its a matter of routing the wirers properly

Comment

Sounds either your grip is out of line, or you have shimmed the bevel too close.
              dsgdreamteam

Comment

the bevel? any reason why it would just be the bevel gear? and yeah maybe sanding the grip will help definitely seems a problem area

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

BALBOSA Sound Designer\Sound Recordist, Outdoor enthusiast and all round crafty bugger, one of the 2 founding members of team unit-13, if you would like info on the team feel free to drop me a pm Find out more about BALBOSA
                Working...
                X