Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM M14 Project help

Hello all.

Earlier today I purchased a TM M14 rather cheaply on this forum due to it having a couple of faults. Most of them are cosmetic, things like the bolt catch missing, or the front barrel holder has broken, but its also only capable of full auto. Now, Im pretty sure this would be due to the selector plate, but I just want to confirm this before I go buying a new one.

Re: TM M14 Project help

Also sometimes caused when you install steel gears and the cut off lever wears. Although it could just be the stock is pushing the selector on the outside of the gearbox resulting in auto if its been knocked around
    Wanted:
    RS SVD
    MP5K PDW STOCK
    AK PBS SILENCER

Comment

It will be the cut off lever, common problem, get a steel one. I was also after this M14, good look with it.
      Over 150 positive sales & trades on this and other forums!

Comment

Originally posted by simon View Post
        It will be the cut off lever, common problem, get a steel one. I was also after this M14, good look with it.
        Oh sorry about that mate :P.

But yeah ok cheers guys. Will purchase a new cut off lever for it. Bit of a bummer as I have experience with changing the selector plater, but no experience wit hchanging the cut off lever. Is a cut off lever harder to install? :P

Comment

its very easy to do , you will not need to open the box up just remove a plate with a couple of springs on and it just pulls out
          Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

Before you buy a new cutoff lever, see if it's actually the problem.

It's the usual problem with the M14, but not the only one. I have seen the spring missing, cutoff lever worn and also the trigger block worn where the cutoff lever knocks the trigger block back. I have also seen the selector installed upside down and the selector bar snapped.

All you have to do to access the lever is remove the trigger guard and ease out the mech from the stock. The cutoff lever etc is on the left hand side of the gear box. The selector is on the right and the selector bar runs around the back or the gear box.

Properly diagnose the fault before buying parts, when you do buy parts compare them carefully with the original as there are several cutoff lever designs out there that need a bit of filing and fettling to work.

Comment

Do you guys think it would be worth sticking an SHS ultra torque motor in it whilst Im at it?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Kang Not much to say. My life is work, airsoft and TV! :P Find out more about Kang
              Working...
              X