guarder hk416d body dissasembly...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guarder hk416d body dissasembly...

ive taken apart a few m4's now, even built my own from scratch however i cant seem to work out how to get a recent purchase apart...

its (i beleive) a guarder hk416d metal body, now ive done the usual remove front body pin, but the upper receiver wont budge from the lower, ive tried screwdrivers to pry them apart but nothing.

i dont wanna force anything as ive broken metal bodies before...

just wondering if anyone had one of these and there was a secret to it or another screw/pin somewhere i havnt seen?

theres a small body pin above the fire selector thats not on any other m4 ive got but i cant hammer it out its stuck in there, but this is surely just a gearbox securing pin?!

any help please im a bit stumped....

Re: guarder hk416d body dissasembly...

The Guarder bodies also have the tabs like a plastic body. You have to knock out the rear body pin too and it'll come apart!

Comment

yeah i tried the rear body pin off as well but nothing? do you think it just does need both pins out and a bit of brute force?....

cheers for the reply

Comment

Not sure in that case! I have exactly that 416 body here ready for a project, but I haven't actually assembled it.

I noticed the body tabs straight away. There must be some knack to it - you can't pivot the upper receiver because of the one piece hop, you equally can't slide it forward because of the tabs! There's probably a bit of both needing to be employed.

If you work it out I'd be interested to know the solution!

Comment

some older body kits from years back you built up with the body - upper - slide the gearbox in - then attach the lower

so remove the pistol grip , magcatch , body pin , and the stock
          Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

Cheers, that's worked finally got it apart!!!!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

aradoman Find out more about aradoman
            Working...
            X