Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

G&G M14, need to lock to semi only. Anyone know how please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G&G M14, need to lock to semi only. Anyone know how please?

So I'm looking to lock my G&G M14 to semi-auto only. Want to use it at a high FPS so my local site needs is to be incapable of full auto.
    Anybody done this who can give me a run-down please?
    Don't try to run, cos I have 120 little friends, and they can all run faster than you...

Re: G&G M14, need to lock to semi only. Anyone know how please?

You can either physically do it, or arguably a better way would be use a programmable MOSFET.

Does your site insist on physically disabled?

Comment

It does, yes. Apparently there's a simple(ish) fix which involves removing a cam from the fire selector or something... Do you know any more about this???
      Does TWA have a similar rule? I've seen you on their forum so guess you have played there at least once!
      Don't try to run, cos I have 120 little friends, and they can all run faster than you...

Comment

Just to clarify, when I say physically, they have said you can't program it?

I do frequent TWA indeed. Not sure on the exact rules, it's not really a site for a "sniper". The engagement distances/lines of site are pretty much within a good AEG range anyway.

For the physical option, this looks like a good thread:

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7702

I was kind of hoping you'd say MOSFET - more my kind of thing

Comment

Never asked whether it could be programmed via MOSFET, will try to find out. DOn't really want to piss about with the internals too much if I can avoid it, seem to have a knack for effing these things up!
          Will ahve to check out TWA soon, don't live too far away, just a short trip round the M25. What are the players like for taking hits etc.?
          Should I be asking this on the forum even haha!?
          BTW good job finding that old thread, cheers.

Comment

Yeh on the whole a good fairly fast paced site :D

Comment

Do you know your onions re mosfets then? Might be the best way to go if the site will go for it.
              I started playing at Battle Lakes (its a first and only site - you know the Mall guys?) which is down by Tonbridge, if you can make it down I highly recommend it. Massive site, lots of kills available. Have a look at their website if you get a chance.

Comment

Completed the physical adaption, very easy indeed.
                If anyone wants to know how it's done just drop me a PM.

Comment

HI I was interested in your question as I am also thinking of using an AEG as a sniper rifle and limiting it to single shot only.
                  What kind of FPS do you think you will be able to achieve and why did you choose the G and G M14? I was thinking of a Cyma M14 Socom.

Comment

THe Veteran version comes with either an M120 or M130 spring (depending on what you read and where you get it from) so FPS should be over 400 no problems. Won't be able to chrono until next Sunday when I get to a skirmish, but hopeful of getting around 420-430.
                    I chose the G&G veteran after a lot of researcg on the net. It has upgraded internals as standard, so will not wear out under the higher FPS you require as a Marksman.
                    The Tokyo Maruis are obviously very good as well (My other gun is a TM, as they say) but you would have to upgrade a lot of stuff inside if you wanted it to hold up to an increased spring power. CYMA I know nothing about, are they a TM clone or something???

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I went for Cyma which is a TM clone brand because they are cheap and very good - I have 4 of their guns. Also the Socom gets very good reviews for range. Went to a game yesterday and had a chat to First Commando who posts on this forum sometimes - he suggests to go for a DMR effect I'll need to upgrade the spring to just under 400 and fit a Mosfet to restrict the semi auto to one shot per second - otherwise I would not be able to use it at my local site as a sniper as the FPS woudl be too hot and the semi auto too rapid. Will probably physically disable full auto as well.
                      The other good thing about Cyma is that they come with quite tight bore barrels.

I'm not looking for the ultimate sniper rifle, just something a bit different with a better range than an AEG. I did have a springer sniper rifle - A and K Dragunov - and hated it!

Comment

I'd suggest you to add a bit of PTFE tape in a 'barber pole' fashion around your inner barrel, so it doesn't wobble as much in your outer barrel, acting like a barrel spacer... very useful. I do it to all my guns, regardless of their purpose.
                        There are so many things wrong with the Cyma M14, but none of which are worth replacing unless you're going to do the whole lot. I'd recommend you check the tooth on the piston, closest to the piston head because mine had shattered without me even knowing, and I'd have been boned if that had happened midgame and not when I had the thing apart :p

Don't get me wrong though, the Cyma M14 is an awesome rifle, even the first gen ones (which I had! The motors where so terrible!) Just, it really could do with upgrading after time.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

button-man As if you give a French Connection! Find out more about button-man
                        Working...
                        X