Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CA SCAR-H Trigger Sticking

Hi All,
    Just got a used SCAR-H by Classic Army and I'm having an issue when firing on semi auto.

After about 710 pulls of the trigger it stops firing and I have to switch it to full-auto and give it a burst before switching it back to semi when it will work again for a bit. When it doesn't fire the trigger moves all the way back and forth but just clicks in the same way it would if the battery was low.

Any ideas? I have only been able to find one disassembly guide for this model but it doesn't cover the trigger assembly so im not sure where to start. Anyone know of a general guide for trigger assembly and safety switch.

Thanks in advance

Sonic Ninja
    sigpic

Re: CA SCAR-H Trigger Sticking

The problem seems like dirty trigger contacts mate due to over arching etc

will have to dismantle the gearbox to have a look

Also look at the trigger return spring and the gap of the two trigger contacts

Comment

Trigger assembly's are not a complicated mechanism in themselves but fixing them can be problematic. As Guard has already correctly said it is probably the contacts or return spring. If the gun has had a lot of use the contacts could be beyond saving and wear can render the contact shoe very loose or on the point of complete failure. There are some very good replacement trigger set's on the market that if you are happy to give it a go are not that difficult to replace.

While you are at it have a quick look over the rest of the gearbox, If the gun has had enough use to wear out the trigger then you should inspect the other critical parts to check for wear and damage. If you are not confident enough to do this your self PM me.

Phil...

Comment

Thanks for the reply everyone. It is fairly new despite being a second hand purchase so I'm guessing this isn't a problem of over-use although I wouldn't rule out that problem. This makes me wonder if its the spring, I opened the gun up yesterday to replace the inner barrel but I don't think I'm confident enough to start going further until I see a decent guide for this rifle which as of yet I haven't found.

I'm a fairly hands on sort of person and once I know what im looking at I could probably sort it but perhaps that's not a good idea until I've got at least some idea of what to expect.

Sonic Ninja
        sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sonicninja Find out more about sonicninja
        Working...
        X