Can't get the RIS rail off my M4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't get the RIS rail off my M4

I had my M4 in for repairs and servicing and I collected it today. On taking it home so I could test fire it, I discovered that they'd accidentally left the battery connector inside the RIS grip. The place I took it to is too far away to just pop over and ask them to do it for me, so I need to do it myself.

The only problem is, it won't come off!
    My good man, why do you bandy words like this? You are wasting time...Words are potent in debate, deeds in war decide your fate. Then don't go on piling up the words, but fight!
    - Patroclos, The Iliad

Re: Can't get the RIS rail off my M4

I remember reading that you need an armorers wrench to remove some RIS units.

Alternatively (depending on if you're in desperate need for it for a game) you could cut the wires as close as you can to the connector and re-solder a new connector on.

Originally posted by Lonewolf873
    Mods can you please edit the title to shirt as I'm sure 5.11 don't sell shits.

Comment

Re: Can't get the RIS rail off my M4

Hi , now is this a RAS or RIS ? if its a ris it will come apart , pull back the delta ring cover and pull the lower part free ( the delta ring spring can be very strong )

If its a RAS rail can you get a photo for us as there are different types.

if the battery connector is lose in the front end you can try and feed it to one of the holes found on most rail system's using a screw driver ?
      Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Ancisace Find out more about Ancisace
      Working...
      X