Kart M14 Whats this bit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kart M14 Whats this bit?

My mate managed to self destruct his Kart M14 on sunday after only firing 250/400 odd BB's.
    Ive stripped the gun down for him and theres a plastic ' arm' or 'lever' thats broke, Im more than happy enough to replace it for him, but WTF is the parts name so he can order one?
    Its the part outlined in red.
    Originally Posted by PureSilver
    "Complaining that it's shit because it's more complicated and less reliable than an AEG is like complaining that sex is shit because it's much messier than masturbating into a sock."

Re: Kart M14 Whats this bit?

that use to be the trigger switch
    Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

cheers dude!
      I didnt know if it had some technical name like a recipricating sprocket flange or a trigger activation plate-un reinforced molten chocolate version.
      "Complaining that it's shit because it's more complicated and less reliable than an AEG is like complaining that sex is shit because it's much messier than masturbating into a sock."

Comment

Those are kart specific but you may need to seltzer for a tm one and try and mod it in there.

Comment

To be honest, Im not happy with the Kart innerds, all the screws on the gearbox where loose, the wiring was secured with masking tape, and even though Im no expert, the crappy plastic 'arm' on the trigger switch is/was just an accident waiting to happen.
          Im thinking my mate should invest in maybe a TM M14 gearbox and fit the whole unit.....anyone heard of that being done and if its a straight forward enough job?

Comment

You might need to file bits here and there, but the TM gearbox can be fitted into the kart EBR shell, so it can't be that hard.
            Though now I've said that, I've jinxed it for sure!

Good luck anyway, TM gearboxes are quite good in my experience.

Comment

Its a bit expensive going the TM route its best to try and find a whole cyma gun and transfer as MUCH accross as possible.

The Karts are so bad the ebr especially, i try and warn people off them but in airsoft how can you explain that someone needs to spend 200 quid more on an m14 becuase the plastics a little better or the screws are tighter. You get what you pay for and with all clones they are always to there own spec, and fitting parts is always a mission and a risk.

For the record echo 1 parts fit and are certianly easier to get than kart, if you change up its just easier getting a cyma gearbox AND hop unit.

Comment

Cheers for the advise there, I'll get matey to order me the bits, I hope he realises that he'll be keeping me supplied with beers for a long while for doing this.

Comment

The KART EBR is rather well known to have slightly different tolerances to the TM/CYMA M14s. Feeding issues are most common so as Richardy said try and get as much across as possible and be prepared for some serious fettling.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

steve34 Find out more about steve34
                  Working...
                  X