G&G/Top Tech T4-18 Doing nothing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G&G/Top Tech T4-18 Doing nothing?

Aaaaargh, Hi all, true to my recent bad luck - Yesterday I have just received the above rifle, brand new from a well know warrior retailer.
    After unpacking it etc i connected a battery just to test it out etc, I just held the battery as i didnt have a crane stock, that was due today, it fired fine and no problem.
    Today crane stock battery arrives so before charging it i just tried fitting it, struggled a bit caught the wires a few time whilst trying to adjust stock but finally got it in.
    Anyway fancied firing a couple more rounds so removed the cranestock (new,uncharged) and connected the other battery again and nothing...i thought could be the battery died but was doubtful but to be sure tested my brother battery which was absolutely fine, but again no nothing, no sound or anything?
    Took me about an hour to open the rifle as im unfamiliar with it and nervous as its brand new. Anyway I have no idea what to do, its supposed to be a top end aeg and cost me over £300, and its brand new! What do i do?
    Might sound a little rambled but any help appreciated?

Re: G&G/Top Tech T4-18 Doing nothing?!?

Send it back
    sigpic

Comment

Ive sent them an email just now so will also wait to hear back, Just wondered if there was anything i should try

Comment

Sending it back is the best thing (probably the only thing) you should and could do. Sounds like the battery connectors have come loose.

Comment

I thought that about that battery hence taking it apart hoping to find loose connectors but the wires just ran straight into the gearbox and I'm not gonna open that up

Comment

Right

check the fuse housing if there is one

Also did you catch any of the wires in anyway that they may have been sliced or split

Comment

fuse?? =/ or it could be bent pins in the battery connecter and there not touching properly

Comment

There was a couple nicks in the sheath of the wires but only slightly, didn't break through and I connect the battery and checked for current to where the wires go into the gearbox and it was fine.
                Had an email back saying to remove the baseplate on the grip and check the "moment" connectors havnt slipped off in transit... So when I find the right Alan key this is my next step!

Comment

hmm seems very weird. why they would ask you to do maintenance on a brand new item you've JUST purchased i dont know.

only in airsoft huh?

keep us updated matey

Comment

Re: G&G/Top Tech T4-18 Doing nothing?

They are on about the motor connections

But did you not say the weapon fired???

So doubt the motor connections have jumped off after a few rounds

Also before you open the gun up reply to the email

And verify that the warranty is NOT voided because you are doing said a actions after direct communication with the shop via email

Other wise they will do you with the repair bills if needed to send it back

Comment

Originally posted by guard-sniper87 View Post
                      They are on about the motor connections

But did you not say the weapon fired???

So doubt the motor connections have jumped off after a few rounds

Also before you open the gun up reply to the email

And verify that the warranty is NOT voided because you are doing said a actions after direct communication with the shop via email

Other wise they will do you with the repair bills if needed to send it back
                      oh bloody hell yeah do that immediately i can imagine them trying that one

Comment

I have had many dealings with the warrior guys and I can assure you opening the
                        base plate won't void the warrenty. The only thing that will is opening the GB.

I got a TT M16 just last week and the same thing happened, it was the negative
                        wire had popped off the motor as there is a bit more vibration due to the blow back.
                        If this is the case with yourself re-crimp the motor connector (pliers) and you
                        should be fine.

Baz

Comment

Thanks guys all very informative will update thread this afternoon

Comment

Originally posted by Themistocles View Post
                            I have had many dealings with the warrior guys and I can assure you opening the
                            base plate won't void the warrenty. The only thing that will is opening the GB.

I got a TT M16 just last week and the same thing happened, it was the negative
                            wire had popped off the motor as there is a bit more vibration due to the blow back.
                            If this is the case with yourself re-crimp the motor connector (pliers) and you
                            should be fine.

Baz
                            well the op hasn't so advising him to NOT touch it otherwise it will void your warranty

and I don't and will trust no shop or contracts no more as they royally stuff you out of money

so DONT touch your gun unless you get response saying it won't void the warranty

Comment

I went ahead and took the plate off seeing as i was advised to by the shop (which would be my comeback)
                              When i took it off both connectors appeared to be in place, however the positive came off with only a slight pull whereas the negative i had to really pull off.
                              So i took the motor out firmly connected the wires and left it hanging and connected the battery to try it - nothing.
                              However does the plate and little silver disc need to be screwed in for it to work?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

s11 Find out more about s11
                              Working...
                              X