Hop always on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hop always on?

Just got a fairly new gun off of the forums.
    An SRC G36E gen III
    apparently bought in november and has next to no rounds through it.
    Thing is even with the hop fully off the bbs lift and swerve slightly to the right?
    do I just need to put a few through to bed it in or is there something else wrong?
    Accessory/Make:
    Condition:
    Size:
    Splits/Swaps/Part Exchange:
    Price/Payment:
    Pictures:
    Originally posted by tyler
    Quote:
    hit them then from another angel
    Originally posted by murta369
    gabriel perhaps?

Re: Hop always on?

can imagine it may need a couple of hundred through it to make it sit properly..

though make sure the barrel is clean, its not uncommon in new guns to have grease in the barrel from production so give that a good clean, this would account for the slight drift to the right and also the lift..

but make sure the hop is allined properly, if the problem persists i would suggest you get a new hop nub and rubber.
    Signature Removed

Comment

Get rid of the rubber and nub. SRC stock is pants.

I found the H nubs work the best as mine seemed to overhop all the time with normal nubs.

It'd be difficult for the hop to be unaligned because of how it attaches to the barrel/gas tube assembly. Saying that I put a TM unit into it because the SRC one is also pants...shame really they're lovely guns, just let down by their hops.
      WANTED: Dynatec BFG.

Comment

Some times hop rubbers can "bunch" during installation, if your having hop issues theres no harm in taking it out cleaning the barrel and refitting.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Daredevilxp9 Find out more about Daredevilxp9
        Working...
        X