hop wheel won't stop spinning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hop wheel won't stop spinning?

Hey guys, just got an ares tavor tar21, only used it once, and just yesterday i noticed the hop up wheel doesn't stop, so the hop is etiher off, or if you knock the wheel the slightest the bb's fly right up!

So does anyone know why this is happening?

thanks

Re: hop wheel won't stop spinning?

I have this problem with my CA m15a4 untill I...

Take the hop out, unscrew the screw in the wheel, sand/ file down the metal lip that the screw goes in about half a mill, then when you tighten the screw, it clamps the wheel in place. Set it once a few months back, never had to touch it again.

Cheers

Comment

Hmm, thanks for the advice, i kinda know what you mean, but still not sure, I've got the whole hop out now and fully taken it apart...

It's a one piece aluminum hop, and it has the 3 wheels/gear things, i'm pretty sure it's unique to the tar, however it has the basics of an m4/m16 hop up, however i don't have much of a clue what i'm doing as i've only ever owned ics hop units...

Right, so if all is working, what is the thing that stops the wheel constantly spinning? just i may get an idea of what piece is broken/not fitted properly...

If you need pictures i'll get em'

Please help me asap as i'm hoping to skirm with it tomorrow! thanks

Comment

I've been learning about hops recently. Check out this video I found:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XfF9itDss0

It's talking about an M4 hop, admittedly, but seems to suggest that many hops have 'teeth' missing in a cog to ensure that they can only be would so far in either direction.
        102nd Chairborne Rangers - "Intelluctus VCRAus recte"

Keyboard Commando - "He who argues until the other person gives up and goes away wins"

Comment

Hey, thanks alot for the vid mate, the hop is basically the same as that...

from the video, it has show that in fact the gear doesn't have that 'stopper' part where teeth are missing, i guess maybe some glue may do the trick... however i don't understand why ares would have made it like this?!

here are 2 pictures of the wheel itself that appears to be missing a part, please tell me if glue would be the solution!

Sorry if the quality is bad! But it shows the teeth are constant throughout!

Comment

Glue should fix that, I could post a pic of my G&G hop unit for comparison if you'd like?

Comment

yeh would be fab mate cheers

Comment

There's the gears on an M4 hop unit, and yes the front is broken a bit :L
                I just couldn't be bothered to take apart my M4 because tomorrow I'm skirmishing it and I need it to work

Good luck :D

Comment

Cheers buddy! :D definatley know where i'm going for now, now i just need to work out the right gear spaces to glue, this could take some time lol... I still don't see how ares could miss something like that... and i still don't see how i didn't notice this before... AND i think it's a pain the a**e since i had to completely take apart the gearbox... -.-

thanks again

Comment

Glad to help

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

joshh1512 Find out more about joshh1512
                    Working...
                    X