Wire gauge + Mosfet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wire gauge + Mosfet

Hello all, i want to install a mosfet that i bought, however the wire gauge used on it is thinner than the wire used in my gun, i am unsure of the wire gauge in my gun, but its is thick enough to just about fit in my GB.

the swg of the mosfet wires are 16 swg for the battery and motor connections, and a 20 swg wire for the trigger switch

the wires in my GB might be 14 swg i am guessing, and they are not copper

Would mixing these 2 different gauges make a difference to the function of the mosfet? would it burn it out or anything due to the different level flows of electricity or wouldnt it matter? im not very experienced with wiring lol, any help is appriciated

Cheers

Re: Wire gauge + Mosfet

depends how many gate wires the mosfet has mate, if two then the old wiring has to be taken out, if one the mosfet can be added to the normal wiring but may be tricky if not able to do so..

if it has two gate wires the wiring needs replacing in order to fit the mosfet at all.

Comment

thanks for the reply mate, not too sure about what you mean lol, but is the gate wire the wire that connects to the top trigger contact thing? Because it has that, which is 20swg, then it has another 2 wires, one to connect to the motor and the other to connect to the battery, those 2 are 16swg wires

Comment

If you have 6 wires in total.

There will be 2 on one side and they go to the battery and the four on the other end will go to the gun.

The two thicker wires will be routed to the motor and the two thin ones will be directed to the trigger contacts. The trigger contacts can go to either side of the trigger.

You don't really need 14 awg unless you are wanting super fast rof or really high torque, with rof.

Wires don't have to be copper or silicon coated. It is just the silicon coating is nice and supple so it bends easy.
        Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

The mosfet is a passive breaking one, i think the ab ones have more wires, it has 3 wires in total, one to go to the top trigger contact (the thinner one), one to go to the motor and the other to the battery (thicker wires).

would it matter if i mixed my even thicker original red silicone wires that are already in the GB with the thinner wires of the mosfet?

Comment

Did you get a drawing with it?
            Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

yeah i have instructions with it, this is a link to the instructions

mods please dont remove this as it isnt in competition with 01

http://fireworksairsoft.webs.com/Alp...0for%20web.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by random-guy View Post
                would it matter if i mixed my even thicker original red silicone wires that are already in the GB with the thinner wires of the mosfet?
                I assume you're asking because you don't want to open up the GB.

No, it won't matter. If the MOSFET designer thinks 20 awg is enough, anything thicker will be OK.

Comment

Originally posted by No1_sonuk View Post
                  I assume you're asking because you don't want to open up the GB.

No, it won't matter. If the MOSFET designer thinks 20 awg is enough, anything thicker will be OK.
                  Thanks for the reply, opening up the GB isnt a problem, i was just a bit confused to whether or or not mixing the different gauge wires would be a problem, ive heard back from the designer and he says that it shouldnt be a problem at all

thanks all for the help

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

random-guy Find out more about random-guy
                  Working...
                  X