ICS l85 motor upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICS l85 motor upgrade

very quick question i want to put a quicker motor in a ics l85 g&p m120 for example just wondering if anyone has done this or knows if other motors are compatible it looks like it uses a short shaft motor so i cant try it to see since i only have m4 style long motors. i know will have to put a ics pinion on whichever motor i choose but will a different brand fit in the motor housing? good to know before i fork out on one
    cheers in advance people.

Re: ICS l85 motor upgrade

I use High Torque motors in all my guns. In most cases the additional torque on tap more than compensates for the higher speed of some motors.

High speed motors generally have much less torque and need time to get up to speed after pulling the trigger. So a torque motor will give quicker trigger response.
    Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

You should have the turbo 3000 motor in there by default, it was one of the first Neo magnet motors on the Market, so has a stack of torque, but unlike the rest not an impressive peak speed. I low ratio gear set would best complement that motor, but if your looking for a straight forward swap then it would be easier to get a different motor.
      The M120 is faster with less torque, but in the case of a standard ratio gear set and a stock spring rate it would almost certainly be the more efficient route to drop the M120 in, and pair it with a 9.6v high discharge pack.
      dsgdreamteam

Comment

Any short shaft motor you choose wil fit, but yes im sure you will have to change the pinion over, just another thing thats different on ICS.

Comment

ah ok good good, will get a g&pm120 i think dont want anything ridiculous but need something more speedy im running a m100 at 330fps so dont need huge amounts of torque and am only getting 15rps on a 9.6 with the ics turbo3000 motor.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

tsv2tuff Find out more about tsv2tuff
          Working...
          X