M4 bodies...all the same fittings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M4 bodies...all the same fittings?

Hi guys, i was wondering if some one might be able to help me with My G&P defender. basically i am wanting to get another top half of the main body and front section (ie barrel grip sights etc) and my question is, will any top section of M4 makes fit, or will it purely be G&P ?

thanks guys

TGS

Re: M4 bodies...all the same fittings?

won't G&P and G&G parts fit together for the m4?
    Signature Removed: Please read the forum rules

Comment

not sure, was hoping one of you more tech-savy guys would know ?

Comment

Depends is the answer! :D

M4's generally comes in two types, one piece up hop and two piece.

On the one piece, the front body pin comes out, and the whole upper receiver slides off forward.

On the two piece, the back pin comes out, and the upper receiver pivots forward on the front pin.

In theory, so long as the upper/lower are of the same type, will work. But... you never know, the body pin holes may not quite line up.

Also to throw in the mix ICS M4's are notoriously compatible, so may well only work with ICS lower.

I'd say go for a matching upper/lower - unless you have a good reason not to!

Comment

after all the years messing with g&p i found 1 upper that fitted just.. but it was secondhand ( guarder springs to mind , there was a set g&p mk18 lower for sale not long ago that had a none g&p upper )

save your self the hassle and wait for a g&p upper to come along

edit : just looked and it says a CA upper... tosh the ca m15 has a different lock using pins not the g&p lip
          Last edited by johnnyj; 17 May, 2011, 19:07. Reason: sales thread found
          Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

Classic Army uppers fit G&P Lowers, i use a CA upper with a different front end when i want to do a quick switch from long barrel to short barrel.

I might be able to source a spare one if you need one that fits a G&P lower. Just drop me a lower if you want some help.

Comment

ICS will only work with ICS due to the split gearbox design, best to stick with g&p

Comment

what are you looking to do with your m4? Ics will only fit ics. I havent came across any other makes that fit ics!

I'm building my own m4 with;
                Eaimings metal m4 body
                Dboys stock tube and stock
                Systema gearbox
                G&g outer barrel with delta ring
                G&g foregrip
                Magpul grip and motor plate

These all fit. Body wise i found a g&p upper fits a g&g lower i have but thats it.

Comment

my G&P upper is such a tight fit it can barely fit it's own G&P lower!!!
                  Team Ballin' - "It sounds dirty because it is"

Comment

smithy how ? the CA has locking pins that slot in to holes , only the xm177 made by ca had the lips ? i have not messed with a new ca but had 1st,2nd and 3rd gen and the xm ca m15's

also open to different options :P
                    Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

right well im after a top section and front end to turn my G&P defender to a M733 style kind of m4 really.

the gun have the single pin, and that then allows the whole top section to slide forwards,

heres a Picture of the gun in 2.

really appreciate your help guys, thanks

Comment

Like this?

all you need to do is change the front fore grip and maybe the outer barrel and inner barrel. Keep the upper receiver. You can always fit a carry handle for it. Just get a G&P outer barrel, foregrip and inner barrel. that should fit with your parts.

failing that get any make of delta ring, outher barrel, foregrip and a longer inner barrel

billy

Comment

Originally posted by billy breach View Post
                          Like this?

all you need to do is change the front fore grip and maybe the outer barrel and inner barrel. Keep the upper receiver. You can always fit a carry handle for it. Just get a G&P outer barrel, foregrip and inner barrel. that should fit with your parts.

failing that get any make of delta ring, outher barrel, foregrip and a longer inner barrel

billy
                          i think the OP wants a set up that he can switch the upper as easily as possible, switching in different uppers may be an expensive part of this already expensive hobby but sure is a great idea! you practically have two guns then!
                          Team Ballin' - "It sounds dirty because it is"

Comment

just to clarify, are we thinking that CA and G&P fit onto G&P receivers, and there the only ones?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

the glow stick Find out more about the glow stick
                            Working...
                            X