Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AK-47 Battery/Gearbox Malfunction

Hi All

i recently brought a 8.4V 1400mAh 2/3A NiMH Mini Cranestock Battery Pack. (4+4 battery configuration) for my G&G Rk47 blowback, i had spend ages trying to find a suitable battery due to the Large style tamiya connector on the AK, little did i realize i could of just brought a Large-small connector xD. When i plugged in the battery after 4 hours of charging the AEG started randomly shooting by itself even when the safety switch was on. I unscrewed the grip to reveal the motor cage and inspected the terminals,no luck there. When i tried again, i smelt burning and the gun stop firing completely, pressed the trigger and nothing happened, the fuse has worn out.:S:S

Cheers

Re: AK-47 Battery/Gearbox Malfunction

Sounds broken to me.
    Originally posted by richardy
    Its like preying to the mechbox gods, but preying to the angel of alignment, give us speedy and safe entry into the 1st tooth of life.
    Amen.
    Originally posted by midas
    lol....Oh forgive me gun tech for I have sinned....

Comment

Originally posted by unnamedone View Post
      Sounds broken to me.
      Nice one sherlock, thats real helpful of you! If you have nothing useful to say, dont say it, simples.

As for the issue, it sounds very much like a short circuit somewhere, if its under warrenty, send it back due to manufacturers fault, however if its not, then take it apart and check all the wireing carefully, make sure all the insulation is intact and make sure none of the contacts are touching metal.
      If it doesnt show anything unfortunately it will be a gearbox opening to make sure the contacts havent stuck closed.
      section 24 of the 1968 Act
      Supplying imitation firearms to minors
      1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
      2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Cheers bro

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Brooksy1211 Find out more about Brooksy1211
        Working...
        X