G and P URX 15 upgrade questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G and P URX 15 upgrade questions

Hi all have had the URX now for 6 months, recently sent it to a local retailer whom i wont name to have a Smart Control Unit installed. They where unable to fit it and returned the rifle. First skirmish out since and i've managed to partially strip the gears.
    My issue is that the gun needs to be repaired and I want to upgrade it with a smart control unit to gain the 3 round burst. And as far as i can see two main options :-

Option 1. Replace the entire gearbox with a systema revolution gearbox, fit a systema metal hop chamber and rubber and fit a prom barrel. costing if i get the parts from *** **** £400 plus import. With fitting on top of that. Also you get the systema magnum motor as well.

Option 2. Fit prom original torque gears, prom barrel and hop unit and then get the smart control unit fitted for around £330 + fitting

Now money is not a huge issue although more than £600 would be pushing it. My main question is which setup will give me better performance and reliability over the long term.
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated as currently at a mental impasse due to lack of information. My main goals are improve range and accuracy and have a 3 round burst option with reliability

Re: G and P URX 15 upgrade questions

If you just want the 3rd burst, I personally wouldn't bother with the systema complete gearboxes (unless this one is something really special) but instead go with buying a gearbox in parts, then assembling it yourself. Now I can't really tell you what parts will suit you best (I'm not up to date on all the newest parts) depending on your needs but I'm sure someone else on this forum can, and will.
    It would probably be better for you performance wise to buy a gearbox from many different parts, rather than a complete one as IMO systema isn't worth the money you pay.
    I've seen some of their regular gearboxes shatter at the front just as easily as a china clone, with only 1000 rounds through it, but saying that I do know people who have systema gearboxes and they just keep going and going... so there you have it.

Comment

Cheers man thanks for the advice

Comment

Quick word of warning, Systema parts are not the best; they have some good parts, but I know that many who build guns dislike it intensely.
        For example, the Systema motors that you mentioned have issues with shorting due to the end bell design, and they are expensive (£85), as opposed to the clones (Element, SHS etc.) which are ~£25 and have sorted the bell problem...
        Others till I die

Comment

Send it to me and I will build you a monster.
          Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

DrageAgainst Find out more about DrageAgainst
          Working...
          X