Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Misfeed?

Hi,

Im currently having an issue which i think is a misfeed?
    Basically semi auto mostly seems fine 98% of the time. But when i switch to full auto maybe 1 or 2 BB's will come out but then nothing else, just sounds like im dry firing.
    I have to then remove the mag and try again, sometimes it may work but mostly not.
    As im relatively new to airsoft what should I be looking at?

Couple points :
    Gun is brand new
    Mags are brand new
    When i hold the gun upside down and look down the hop feeding tube and fire
    I can see the nozzle fire but doesnt seem to disappear away fully, could this be blocking the BB's?
    Anything else? If it is the nozzle why would it do this brand new and what can i do about it?
    Thanks for any help

Re: Misfeed?

ok since its all new , turn the hop off fully and then try again
    What brand of bb are you using and can you get hold of a different make just to test it ( some guns can be very picky on bb )
    Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

I had this exact problem a few days ago. Could you give some more info on the rifle etc?

I seem to have solved it by shimming the barrel back to the gearbox & making sure the hop was perfectly set in the receiver.

Comment

If you press the release switch on the top of the mag, do the bb's spring out?
        “A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.”

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyj View Post
          ok since its all new , turn the hop off fully and then try again
          What brand of bb are you using and can you get hold of a different make just to test it ( some guns can be very picky on bb )
          This seems to have worked wierd.
          using blaster devil BB's

Originally posted by Robin-Hood View Post
          I had this exact problem a few days ago. Could you give some more info on the rifle etc?

I seem to have solved it by shimming the barrel back to the gearbox & making sure the hop was perfectly set in the receiver.
          I wouldnt expect to do anything as its brand new?
          Its a top Tech

Originally posted by dannyeprice23 View Post
          If you press the release switch on the top of the mag, do the bb's spring out?
          Yeah they all fly out and you can hear the spring unravel!

Comment

ok if you have a place to test it start winding the hop up , its new so will need to be bedded it ( 1000rds ? ) if the problem keeps on, change the make of bb
            Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

so it works fine now with the change of bb's? you wern't using the bb's that came with it did you?
              “A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.”

Comment

Word of advice, if you didn't know it already.
                Don't ever use the bb's that come with a gun, not even higher end ones. Just on principle :p

Comment

Originally posted by Cerbo Knight View Post
                  Word of advice, if you didn't know it already.
                  Don't ever use the bb's that come with a gun, not even higher end ones. Just on principle :p
                  True dat...!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

NW-Airsoft Find out more about NW-Airsoft
                  Working...
                  X