Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• disasembling g36c

Right chaps!

Been a busy little boy over the past few days working on my G36, finally got all the bloody parts back together after loosing the ARL spring >< oh well, tasty new guarder ARL from Z1 arrived so I got it all back together finally... whilst I was at it I ordered a new TM hop rubber for it, however I cant figure out how the hell to dissasemble the outer/inner barrel assembly, it seems you have the inner barrel held in a plastic frame which is somehow attached to the gas block and metal outer barrel/flash hider assembly, I cant for the life of me figure out how to get the metal gas block off and remove the inner barrel Ive taken all the screws and pins out, the plastic frame splits apart but is held together buy the metal gas block bit, which needs to slide out somehow, but I cant see a way of doing it without snapping the plastic? What am I missing?!

Also OH MY GOD AMBIDEXTEROUS FIRE SELECTORS ARE A MOTHER F&@KING $^%& IN THE $£$&^ &%^&ING $Y$%^%HOLE $^%^. Such a squeeze to get my freshly re-wired GB back in and now the fire selector has nudged slightly out of place, so the left hand side selector is slightly out of alignment, the right hand side selector is fine, however thats no good to me its on the wrong bloody side! Any tips for getting that pig back in alignment?

What make is it mate?
    I remember doing it on my JG ages ago, if you could cet a pic of the front end up im sure i could see how its done.

Comment

Re: disasembling g36c

Its a JG body with a CA gearbox, I shall take a pic asap

Comment

Although im sure with the magwell and trigger/gearbox assembly out its just a case of pushing in and twisting the whole hop unit and it should come out.

Comment

Originally posted by tisane View Post
          Although im sure with the magwell and trigger/gearbox assembly out its just a case of pushing in and twisting the whole hop unit and it should come out.
          Congratulations, a winner is you! should have tried that in the first place, heh, yup push in, twist and it popped right out, no need to disassemble the gas block!

Comment

took to long to type lol
            Last edited by johnnyj; 18 May, 2011, 18:54. Reason: far to long typing
            Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

Thought so...lol
              Just be careful putting it back in the tabs on the plastic part that the hop secures to are FRAGILE, i cut a coil off the tension spring on mine so it didnt put too much pressure on the locking tabs.

Comment

Okay next problem!

Out of the gun, everything works fine, gun fires, everything moves and works as it should, the second I put it all back in the body it stops working, motor doesnt turn, doesnt even try to turn, nothing, kaput. At first I thought it was a short circuit but no, wirings in top notch condition, so then I thought something wasnt moving properly or its a bit of a tight fit with the new larger wires, but the trigger moves, selector plate moves, just nothing happens.

What the hells going on here? D:

Ever get that feeling like you wish you'd never bothered? That age old saying "if it aint broke, dont fix it!"

Comment

Have you got a multimeter?

Comment

Yep, not sure how it would help though :x it all works absolutely fine til I try to put the GB back in the lower reciever D:

Comment

Okay, so update: Got it all back together and working, FANTASTIC! :D

Except now its developed a feeding issue, bb's just fill up the barrel and then roll out the barrel when you tip them out.

I swear this is the last time I tinker with something and try to modify/improve something that already works fine Dx

Comment

Sounds like you may have damaged the retaining lugs for the hop/ barrel assembly
                        WANTED
                        Mid cap mp5 mags
                        s-arms m4 mags
                        motorola & kenwood commercial radios

Comment

Well I just whipped it out again, ooh err, and the hop/barrel asembly look fine, no sign of any damage there...

Comment

OH! i know this one... do you have the standard hop unit? or do you have one of the cnc metal (usual blue) type after market ones?
                            if its the metal one.. or actually could be any other. then you have to remove the screws that at just above the air nozel, the hop should then slide over the screw tabs in the GB and hold it together, i had this prolblem with mine..

cant help but feel i haven't explained that very well..
                            Signature Removed

Comment

Its the standard 2 piece plastic hop, will have a look in the morning to see if theres a screw or something to fiddle with, for now the girlfriend is moaning, something about "sleep being more important than your bloody guns" and "the bed is NOT A WORKDESK!", dunno what shes moaning about, theres a perfectly good sofa she can go sleep on.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Tiercel Find out more about Tiercel
                              Working...
                              X