ICS M4 hop up upgrade -advice needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICS M4 hop up upgrade -advice needed

I know there can be issues with upgrading the hop up units on an ICS M4, but the plastic ones are quite frankly useless and keep breaking in one way or another.

can anyone recommend a decent metal one that will work? im an engineer so a bit of modding is no drama and price isnt an issue either as i just want to fix this problem once and for all and be done with it

PLEASE HELP

many thanks,
    Jut

Re: ICS M4 hop up upgrade -advice needed

I cant see what the problem could be with a ics hop , They work mint and dont creep off like the standard m4 type , i cant understand how they can keep breaking i've had one of my m4's for years and its still on its original hop unit , ive only ever broke one , well the missus did by stepping on it by accident .

Comment

i got the gun second hand and the one in it was already smashed and the replacement i put in was split all along the seams where the two halves are fused together in the manufacturing process

Comment

the team i'm run 3 ics m4's and never had a problem with the hops yet ( 2 are secondhand )
        Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyj View Post
          the team i'm run 3 ics m4's and never had a problem with the hops yet ( 2 are secondhand )
          guess ive just been unlucky then

Comment

yea buy a new unit ( sure z1 sell them ) and try again , just to make sure get a tech at your site to look over the gun for anything that might be putting strain on the unit its self ?
            Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

Oh , if going to fit another hop unit i would say a madbull ultimate hop up would be a good option , but you would need to re-shape the square section around the bb feed tube as i wont fit in the lower receiver , that or you could dremmel out the lower receiver ( but hop units are cheaper than bodys ) also you may need to change the loading nozzle as ics m4 one's are a little longer than most other makes of m4 . I have fitted standard metal m4 hop units in the past my self to ics guns and modded them to fit as abit of a trial , but have always gone back to the ics ones as i seem to prefer them and how they work much more , seem to just work better i think all round .

Comment

Also if the spring isnt fitting on the hop correctly and into the outer barrel notch cut out for it correctly ( spring tends to go skyward ) this will put strain on the hop unit and can cause them to break as it makes the hop sit to far back , also will make the rear pin very hard to get in . So you should be able to tell if its in correct or not . hope this helps

Comment

I'm almost sure it's impossible to fit a madbull unit in an ics m4, searched everywhere to see if you can, and everywhere say's you can't, even with mods.

The ics unit is great, keeps it's position and easy to change with the wheel, just buy a new hop unit and see what it's like...

Anyway, what's wrong with the one you have???

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Jut Find out more about Jut
                  Working...
                  X