CA Scar L upgrade help/advice please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CA Scar L upgrade help/advice please

Ok people, I have a scar l as you may have guessed.

Bought it from forum and am wanting it to be the shiz nit, as it were.

I am not very mechanical nor am I experienced enough to.know what I should be upgrading and why. Yep, noob alert here folks.

So the gun itself works well apart from a couple of minor issues so far.

I am looking to increase accuracy, range and rate of fire. I want to pimp this out. I do not plan on getting another rifle at any point soon and so yeah....

I want to stick a tight bore barrel in it, as I have heard this increases accuracy and I am also looking to run either 0.3g or 2.5g bbs at around 350 fps.

I skirmish woodland (gz) only and want to keep within the rules without having to lock off on semi. Is it possible to gain 350fps with 0.3g bbs? Also is against site policy?

I will not be performing the upgrades myself and will infact be taking into zero one for the work as my lack of knowledge will result in lots of pins and springs and cogs on the floor where they shall reside forever.

I am after your opinions and advice, also if there are any other scar users who have gained similar results, please help me out.

Thanks all
    G

There are 10 types of people who understand binary, those that do and those that don't.

Re: CA Scar L upgrade help/advice please

Originally posted by Gingerpunk2 View Post

I want to stick a tight bore barrel in it, as I have heard this increases accuracy and I am also looking to run either 0.3g or 2.5g bbs at around 350 fps.
    I skirmish woodland (gz) only and want to keep within the rules without having to lock off on semi. Is it possible to gain 350fps with 0.3g bbs? Also is against site policy?

Thanks all
    Ye gods I sincerily hope not, 350fps with a .20 ok, 350 fps above .20s wrong and wrong. Just stick with the .25s at about 320-330fps, run 9.6v battery and get a good hop rubber and bucking, my CA scar has a damn good range and accuracy and it only shoots at 328fps on .20s.
    section 24 of the 1968 Act
    Supplying imitation firearms to minors
    1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
    2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

yeah i think the best thing you can do to a gun upgrade wise is a decent hop and rubber

Comment

Yeah I thought it was a bit much with 0.3s at 350 ha ha, thought I throw the question out there thiugh ha ha.

Ok cool, so hop and rubber then is first port of call. Any particular make? Systema etc?

What about the tight bore barell? Is that worth doing?

Please excuse my ignorance.

Cheers for the help though men, much appreciated
        G

There are 10 types of people who understand binary, those that do and those that don't.

Comment

dont be silly matey happy to help :D i know tm hop chambers are very good and a great place to start i have in my gun a madbull shark nub and rubber seems to work very well and am getting very good range for my gun (m4) but also cant go wrong with tm or yes systema rubbers. tightbore i dont think will hurt although try and match the size of the original barrel or you may have venting and pressure problems. other than that it will be open up the gearbox time and then things get craaazy

Comment

The CA Scar hop unit itself is a pretty good performer so no need to change that, couple it with the nub, rubber and a tightbore and you should be good to go.
            AGM Scar L (Black) - KWA Glock 17 - CA B&T MP5A4

Comment

Awesome dude, cheers for that. I will be looking into these tomorrow, compiling my upgrades list and then taking it in for an overhaul.

I think the gear box in the scar is decent, version 2 metal I believe. (tis all I know). The previous owner replaced the spring with an m100 or something?! Can't remember, im guessing the spring is a big aspect for range?

Thanks for your help dude, it is appreciated muchly.
              G

Comment

not necessarily dude. obviously in the uk its limited to around 330 anyway so you cant improve on that, the range is pretty much all down the hopup so get a good one and see the results in my opinion if the gearbox is running nicely dont touch it. it is a can of worms and if your getting it done through a shop it will be a can of charges if opened =/

keep us informed though man would be cool to see how it turns out :D

p.s amusing binary joke took me a while to realize :P

Comment

Power doesnt really equate to range all that much.
                  I found with the CA Scar, it uses a different hop unit, its longer than an M4 one,Normal hop rubbers and buckings will work in it though, I havent had any issues with Prometheus hop rubbers, Ultimate, TM and I have heard some of the element ones are good too.
                  As for the Tightbore, I wouldnt bother yet, you will barely see a difference, just use .25s with a good hop rubber and you should be well away.
                  1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                  2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Ok cool. Hop up it is. Again, thanks dude.

I will let you know the outcome.
                    G

Comment

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
                      Power doesnt really equate to range all that much.
                      I found with the CA Scar, it uses a different hop unit, its longer than an M4 one,Normal hop rubbers and buckings will work in it though, I havent had any issues with Prometheus hop rubbers, Ultimate, TM and I have heard some of the element ones are good too.
                      As for the Tightbore, I wouldnt bother yet, you will barely see a difference, just use .25s with a good hop rubber and you should be well away.
                      This is useful to know also. Seems like the hop unit and rubber is the way. my mates have been leading me down the wrong path ha ha.

thanks dude
                      G

Comment

No worries, if you have a standard CA hop unit in there (it has a wheel at the back similar to a madbull ultimate hop unit), don't change that, they are good but difficult to source due to being longer than an M4/M16 hop unit, just do the hop rubber and bucking.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Gingerpunk2 Find out more about Gingerpunk2
                        Working...
                        X