Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICS MP5SD6: help please?

Greetings, technical folks.

My MP5 is fairly good when it has electricity. It has the 8.4v 1500mAh battery, but the electricity keeps falling out after not much time at all.

Therefore I need more electricity. I've never tinkered with AEG, but I do know that the battery is a tight fit in the cylindrical handguard.

Until people buy my stuff on classified section, this is my primary. Therefore the answer of "huhuh buy a bigger gun, innit" answer will result in me thinking you are a n*b.

Are there bigger handgaurds available for batteries of win, ie 3700mAh?

Would LiPo be better?

Are there any good quality batteries which could be a direct replacement?
    'Smurf's Tours of Duty

ATR Winchester, 2 Regt AAC, 654 Sqn 4 Regt AAC, Cmd Tp, 4 Regt AAC, 216 Parachute Signals Sqn, HQ 16 Air Assualt Brigade, 668 (trg) Sqn AAC, 5 Regt (NI) AAC, JHF(NI) Operations, FSW Ops Sqn

Currently 1 (UK) Civ Div

If you can afford the start up costs of lipos then go lipo.

A small lipo around about the same size as your 8.4v mini can in theory last twice as long and also improve your ROF.

Other than that you could rear wire it and use large 8.4v batts in a solid stock.

Comment

Re: ICS MP5SD6: help please?

Yeah, I see LiPo isn't the cheapest. I have the sliding stock which ideally I'd like to retain for CQB and sneaky stuff.

Unless I carry a sling mounted external battery pack...
      'Smurf's Tours of Duty

ATR Winchester, 2 Regt AAC, 654 Sqn 4 Regt AAC, Cmd Tp, 4 Regt AAC, 216 Parachute Signals Sqn, HQ 16 Air Assualt Brigade, 668 (trg) Sqn AAC, 5 Regt (NI) AAC, JHF(NI) Operations, FSW Ops Sqn

Currently 1 (UK) Civ Div

Comment

It's not that expensive... Granted it is more expensive than using NiMH batteries but they're clearly better, and airsoft isn't exactly a cheap hobby...
        Others till I die

Comment

I have the same gun and use a 9.6v 1500mAh vapextech battery in it. It lasts a typical day at GZ. Its an obvious question but have you tried a different battery in it? Could be your old ones giving up or not charging properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Schaffer View Post
            I have the same gun and use a 9.6v 1500mAh vapextech battery in it. It lasts a typical day at GZ. Its an obvious question but have you tried a different battery in it? Could be your old ones giving up or not charging properly.
            Exactly what he said. ^

If you do end up going Lipo then something like the Intellect 7.4v 2100mAh 25c should easily last a full day even on semi. You can get them for around £18 and to start with there are some perfectly good cheap chargers for under £10. Don't believe 95% of what people say about Lipo's they are no more fragile than any other battery and once you go Lipo you dont go back.

Phil...

Comment

Im not sure if ive missed something here, if i have then im sorry lol

Cant you just buy another 8.4v battery and just change them over at lunch times, also if you want an easier battery to fit, go for the cranestock design, they fit easily in my mp5sd3 and are only £12 from one shop
              sigpic

Comment

You've got loads of spare capacity to play with in there. A small lipo will give you loads of life and take up far less room than the battery you have at the moment.

I wouldn't want to take responsibility for melting you GB, but I was running my ICS MP5 on Sunday on an 11.1v lipo with no problems and that's a LOT smaller than the old 8.4v that it replaced.
                sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

FormerSmurf Natural ability to lower the tone. Find out more about FormerSmurf
                Working...
                X