MP5K battery size?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MP5K battery size?

Hi guys im getting a mp5k soon and i have seen a few videos on the battery size you can fit so i know it is a stick type and can be modded to take a 9.6v battery by cutting away a bit of the cocking handle, so that was my initial plan. But i had a few questions i needed to sort out before going and buying the wrong things.

1.What connector does it take and do i need to re-wire it to deans?

2.Could it take an 9.6v 1600mah stick type battery if not whats the biggest it can take?

3.Would the stock Tm gearbox be able to handle a 9.6v batts because i will probably wait a game or two before upgrading?

Thanks in advance guys and gals

Nick
    For sale:

-Splitting M4
    -MP5 Parts
    -MP7a1
    -M9 Magazine

Re: MP5K battery size?

The stock connectors are Tamiya Minis, you don't have to re-wire to deans, its personal choice. The NiMH 2/3 cells don't have enough kick to make the deans necessary, in other words the stock connectors won't be limiting at this level.

9.6v 1600mah 2/3cell pack will fit tightly, modification does as you said need to be done to the cocking tube and dummy bolt.

Will be safe to run on a 9.6v pack of that specification in a stock gun. The spring guide supplied the MP5K is spaced in the same way as aftermarket bearing guides and in line with a 1/2 ported cylinder you will be spot on, timing wont be an issue as you are not likely to exceed 20rps. I used to run 9.6v minis on stock TM's all the time and never had any problems.
    dsgdreamteam

Comment

Ok thanks for the quick reply also what rpm do you think i would get out of just putting in 9.6v battery?
      For sale:

-Splitting M4
      -MP5 Parts
      -MP7a1
      -M9 Magazine

Comment

Typically somewhere around 20rps.
        dsgdreamteam

Comment

ok thanks for clearing that up