Major ICS MP5 problem :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major ICS MP5 problem :(

yesterday my MP5 fell about 5ft onto the silencer, i picked it up and found the front end abit wobbly.
    took it apart and found this

the white parts are where the part holding the 2 together has snapped.
    the problem is i can't realy glue this back together as a part of the hop-up goes through so if i glue it the hop up wont move.
    any body got ideas?

Thanks,
    Alex.
    - ICS MP5 SD2

Re: Major ICS MP5 problem

sorry to say thats the weak point on the body , i am correct in thinking the both the body tabs and the silencer tabs are broken ? if this is the case its a new body and cocking tube
    Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

Re: Major ICS MP5 problem

Seen this too many times. My advice would be get another gun, but in the spirit of not letting £250 worth just go down the drain, you could either:-
      A) Buy a new body- I don't think you'll need the cocking tube, but you should be able to figure out if you do anyway.
      B) Araldite the frack out of it- My personal choice. Do the best job you can to get it working as it should again, be honest, and sell it cheap for what it is. Then get a better gun. You'll need to take the barrel out, remove the hop up parts as best you can, put the broken parts back in place, clamp it up, and smother it all over with epoxy. Don't rush after this, give it due time to set fully. Then file the bits down that you have to, and hope the cocking tube will go back on without pulling the whole thing apart again. If that doesn't work, you could still buy a new body.
      C) Sell it as a broken gun- Might get some money for it. Unlikely to make what it's worth. Splitting it down to the bare bones could even make you more.
      sigpic
      Tanaka M700 RealSword SVD TM VSR
      I want your broken Tanaka shotguns!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Alex10 Find out more about Alex10
      Working...
      X