Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

MP5 identification (probs wrong section)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MP5 identification (probs wrong section)

Hello all,

I not sure if im in the right section,
    but i have an mp5 body that is metal and im just cant find out what make it is. Its the version where you can split the lower reciver from the upper reciver without having to take the gearox and motor out.

Its a very good design and i know its not TM or a TM clone because the take down is different.

The problem is finding mags for it, TM mags and Clone mags seem to wobble and not fit tightly without the use of some tactical tape lol

I belive they where ICS but i just want to be sure, i heard ICS can take TM mags so im confused at the moment

Thanks
    Will

Re: MP5 identification (probs wrong section)

My two ICS MP5's have a metal upper but a plastic lower, I had a JG for a short while and both upper and lower were metal.
    Over 150 positive sales & trades on this and other forums!

Comment

A pic would be helpful mate

If the gearbox comes out of the upper body after taking two pins out it maybe the cyma blowback mp5

Comment

from the way it takes down it sounds like ICS. Have a look at what flavour the motor is...
        CBMPC:TV! youtube channel - here! - game footage, random adventures, reviews and much more coming soon!

Follow the CBMPC! airsoft team on twitter @cbmpc

Comment

i dont think its a cyma blowback because it just doesnt seem like it would be. But i dont know what im looking for in that respect.

The upper reciever and front gas tube or whatever its called is metal. The lower reciever is plastic, as well as stock, hand grip.

The thing that is doing it for me is the mag wobble.

Do any other mp5's split apart like the iCS?

Comment

If its a solid stock there should be a small rectangle with ICS in it near the but pad. Also ICS have long 'fins' on the pistol grip base plate.
            Over 150 positive sales & trades on this and other forums!

Comment

Well at present there are only 2 variants of ICS MX5 Pro on the market, the A5 and the MS1.

If the top an bottom split then its a Pro, theres one thing that tells it apart from all but a systema i believe and thats the markings on the selector part of the lower reciever.

ICS Pros have Safe, Semi, Burst and Full auto.

Comment

CA B&T come apart that way aswell , 2 pins and the lower pulls out with the motor and gearbox in place but it would have that B&T logo on the side :P

going for early ics
                Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

well this is just a total mystery.
                  it only has safe, semi, full on the lower reciever
                  no fins on the motor plate but i got it on a job lot sale thingy so may not have been inc.
                  only marks i can find are cal 19mm x 19 on the upper receiver

hmmmm i have no idea

thanks anyway guys

Comment

As said a pic would be helpful

The cyma blowback brakes down the same as the ca b&t and the ics

you remove the two stock pins and the front pin by the mag release then you pull the gear box backward and it slides out

Also only has safe semi full auto with plastic lower reciever,

There will be markings on the motor base plate, on the upper gearbox itself, also on the upper body,

Comment

I bet it could be identified in a flash with some pics. (hint hint)

Comment

My guess would be early ICS/AA MP5

Cyma and G&G both use a longer reciever and heavier barrel like the real one

CA B&T would have B&T markings on the magwell

Old CA didn't split the same way

ICS are renowned for being a bit finnicky with mags too

Comment

Sounds like a Cyma to me, the fact that there is no blowback is'nt an issue, Cyma made full metal (very heavy) MP5s non blowback with that sort of take down and had compatibility differences with other makes.
                          HK MP5k PDW//IMI Uzi//HK MP5a4//HK MP5a5//M3 Grease Gun//HK51//L119a1//HK G36k//Colt M653//Colt M733 with M203//Steyr AUG A1//AMD 65//DSA SA58//Colt M16vn//H&K G3a3//Sig P226//Colt 1911a1//Sig P226r//STI 2011

Comment

very true Devlin but i'm sure cyma non blowbacks still had the longer receiver front on the full metal ones and didn't have 9x19mm markings

Comment

Without pics you may as well be asking Stevie Wonder!
                              Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

spencer627 Find out more about spencer627
                              Working...
                              X