Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metal body transfer

help guys, got home to find my metal 416 body had arrived :D :aeg:

Had stipped my M4 (think i see my first issue developing) yesterday so started putting it back together.

Got the gearbox into the lower all tickedy boo, went to put the front end / upper together and noticed the front of my old and new upper is different, the new has a threaded front end and the old...has nothing.

The bit that goes into the mag to release the bb's has no where to screw into.

The bit the hop up feeds into on the old one doesn't fit inside the upper doesnt fit at all in the new upper.

Basically I cant get the front end to fit what so ever. I have a feeling im going to need a new king ring or d ring what ever the round bit is as well as a whole new front end.

Im quite frankly gutted. This was the one addition I really wanted and I cant get it to fit.

So my question's are...

Do I need different parts ?
    What are the parts ?
    Does anyone have them for immediate collection ?

If all the above fails JJJJJEEEEEFFFFF I need your help big style and can feel a considerable contribution coming to the charity box ???

Please help guys, hate to say it but I'm desperate.

Here are the photo's, I hope they help if anyone needs anymore let me know and I'll get them done.

Finally if anyone has the knowledge bits annd tools to fix in and around the newport area let me know and i'll drop it to you asap. Would really like it done for the weekend.

Re: Metal body transfer

One is the split hop design, other is the one piece.

Assume old one is the plastic one?! You going to need a new hop unit, that should be all

Comment

looking at it your going to need a new outer barrel and barrel nut aswell sorry to say

was the donor gun a dboys S system ?
      Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

Yeah thanks for the reply. I just searched youtube and think I need a new hop / barrell, delta ring as mine is a fixed one pice one also and a new outer barrell.

Gutted, I bought the gun from here as a JG but I dont think it is now.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyj View Post
          looking at it your going to need a new outer barrel and barrel nut aswell sorry to say

was the donor gun a dboys S system ?
          Dont know what body has come off but mine I was sold as a JG S SYSTEM.

Dont be sorry my own fault.....

Comment

Have you also got a 416 front end/RIS? They are different to standard M4 fronts - the upper rail is higher and they have a special delta ring. A 416 upper without a 416 front will look a little odd and not line up!

Comment

No didn't know that. Think im going to go back to my plastic one and sell the body on.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Monkey Find out more about Monkey
              Working...
              X