Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New V3 Gearbox casing and new gears suggestions

Hey all,

At the weekend I took out my MG36 project gun after upgrading etc, fired around 600 rounds then had the sector gear axel snap
    I'm pretty sure that the cause is that my gearbox bushes don't actually line up correctly as I had to re-drill the casing (JG) to get the bushes to fit in the first place. In my haste I did this without the use of a drill-press and pretty sure I missed up the centralisation.

So I'm going to obviously re-build and replace, but what gearbox case should I be going for?
    TM obviously will be fine for an empty gearbox shell so long as I don't take it apart too often as I would be liable to strip the threads.
    What would people here go for in terms of durability and longevity of the gearbox?

I also need some new gears (obviously), that are a standard ratio and don't cost the earth, but will survive ok.

Thoughts and suggestions appreciated!

Re: New V3 Gearbox casing and new gears suggestions

save yourself all the bother and buy a drop in G&P 8mm gearbox, they are around the £50/£60 mark but then it's a full gearbox and a bloody good one at that aswell! thats if they have a version 3 drop in though
    Team Ballin' - "It sounds dirty because it is"

Comment

They dont. Its a v2. Modify casing would be very nice. That goes with all their products though.

Comment

theres always the element 9mm casing aswell, thats if you can source one though!!
        Team Ballin' - "It sounds dirty because it is"

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

BioSniper Find out more about BioSniper
        Working...
        X