Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ares / Umarex G36C inner barrel length

Hi guys,

Im looking to upgrade the inner barrel of my ares / umarex g36c to a tigh bore, iv just stripped it down and the barrel measures 225.5 mm.

Is this normal? Iv been reading and the normal length for a G36c appears to be 247mm. Even some of the retailers list the inner barrel as being 247mm.

The shortest Prometheus EG Barrel I can find is 229mm and is for MP5's. This is my first barrel upgrade so i'm unsure, but would it be ok to fit this?

Thanks everyone.

Re: Ares / Umarex G36C inner barrel length

Aslong as you are certain the inner barrel length is 225.5mm then you're only going to have 3.5mm (of the 229mm, someone check my math?!) poking out into the flashhider so it should be fine.

As for it being normal I couldn't say as I don't own that replica.

Comment

How far does the inner barrel go towards the end of the gun? If there's 4mm spare, then get a 229
      If there's an inch or so, get a 249

Comment

Thanks for the info guys, I think umarex or ares were skimping down on costs by putting in a short barrel. There is 40mm difference between the end of the inner barrel and the end of the outer barrel.

I think ill go for a Prometheus EG Barrel 260mm.

Thanks

Comment

Would help if it was in the correct section to start with IAW the sticky.
          http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=114022

Can the barrel not be measured for a precise measurment?
          section 24 of the 1968 Act
          Supplying imitation firearms to minors
          1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
          2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

perky416 Find out more about perky416
          Working...
          X