X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wonky M4- I know, Wtf?

Here's the thing guys,

Really odd problem..

My ICS M4 has a funny front end issue, When I look through the Red dot acog the front sight is straight, however, if I look barrel end down, the whole thing is wonky.. I.e if I align it so the front sight is straight, the acog is at one hell of an angle...

Really bugging me.

Any ideas?

Re: Wonky M4- I know, Wtf?

Where does it shoot? Where the barrel points or Acog?

If you look down the side of the gun does it look straight? If so maybe a bent inner barrel.
    Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

Is the delta ring tight? Is it fitted with RIS or handguard? It has ris check the top rail lines up with the upper reciever rail if not the the ring has probably come loose.
      Custom g&p mk18 mod1 cqb------tm glock 17 custom------king arms sig 556 shorty------tm tactical master berreta m9------magpul pts masada------WA gbb m4a1------WE sig P226R------KWA mp9A3------tm p226 e2------kwa mp7a1------systema ptw L119A1.

Comment

its a possibility the outer barrel is wonky under the delta ring. best thing to do is take it all apart and put it back together again slowly and carefully making sure everything's straight. =/

Comment

The two part outer barrel could have come loose, possibly twisting everything forward of the delta ring.

Comment

Shoots fine so Can't be that.

Think possibly outer is problematic though I've tried taking out and placing it back in to no avail...

Comment

Take off the handguard and gently try to twist the barrel using the front sight.

If the front half moves but the rear doesnt then its the 3-4 grub screws that secure the front half of the outer barrel that have come loose.

Comment

Not that I'm afraid. Tried that...

Comment

Anyone any ideas about RIS wobble? I'm getting it quite bad here...

Comment

try it with a standard m4 handguard, see how you go from there.

if it still wobbles try some lock tight or thread lock on all the screws, make sure the delta ring is fitted to the barrel correctly. I know with iCS you have to pull the barrel out slightly then tighten the delta ring.
                    Signature Removed: Please read the forum rules

Comment

What I do is insert a shim between the barrel and body on the side the barrel sems to be "leaning" towards. I use a cut-up barrel shim, but you can use card or tape. It takes a bit of trial and error but it's sorted wonky barrels in the past for me.

I usually take the front sight, flash hider and foregrip off so it's just the barrel protruding and look down the carry handle/rail to see how "off" the barrel is.

I also like front sights with grub screws in the bottom to help align it. I believe the ICS barrel can be unscrewed near the front sight to help line things up.

Hope this helps. I couldn't live with a wonky M4

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

RastaBlasta Find out more about RastaBlasta
                      Working...
                      X