Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: gearbox/motor help on an m4

HI all
    i have a ics m4 and the lower gear box was making a wineing sound and the anti-reverse seemed to be catching,so i re-placed all the gears,springs,bushings,shimms.and the dam thing is no better,also when put back togerther the upper gear box was not picking up either just the gears making the same sound
    apart from buying complete new upper n lower gear boxs ant ideas please.

GAZZA

Comment

double and triple check your shim job bolt it up and check that the anti reverse is not rubbing on the spur gear just check check and check some more it can be tricky.
      sigpic
      Oh when will I get a decent knights stoner LMG aeg ?

P mags up for sale http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...encer-200mm-m4

Comment

i screwed it up, lost the bushing, and the cost of posted for new shims and bushings are crazy, unless someone has some not being used they want rid of, they are an ass to find on retailers web sites.

Comment

errrm really ? arent shims around £3 and bushings like £6 to £15 a set ? maybe thats just me ? are you trying to by gold plated stuff or something ?

I have a set of 8mm bushings somewhere but Im sure you`ll need 6mm or 7mm.
          sigpic
          Oh when will I get a decent knights stoner LMG aeg ?

P mags up for sale http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...encer-200mm-m4

Comment

yh i need 7mm from what i have read, yh was about to order shims at £2.05 including postage it was +£10 wtf loland i had other things to pay for and could not justify the cost atm so waiting on a new gear box for now at £20

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

rmkillerman 29, 6ft 1" 95lbs Find out more about rmkillerman
            Working...
            X