Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Famas upgrade problem

Hey guys,

I've installed an M100 in the Famas, put her back together and found that the piston plain wont engage. All the gears turn but the piston seems to not be engaging at all.
    So I disassembled it, checked everything out by turning by hand, and everything engages without problem..

So I've put it back together and yet again, same issue. Gears move, Tappet moves, piston doesn't.

Has anyone got any ideas as to what I can do at this point as its really starting to get annoying pulling it apart over and over again.

Cheers in advance for the help

Re: Famas upgrade problem

does it have a piston head O- rin gon the end of the piston, could have snapped.
    is the cylinder seated in the rails? i guess it wouldnt be ablt to turn would it? does the sector gear hve teeth?

Comment

Everything is fine mechanically. I've pried the gearbox apart slightly, enough to see the piston in situ. As it turns out the piston has managed to un-seat on one side only, for the second time. I think the M100 I've put in there is a little too hard and is causing it to turn due to the added length. I'll have to dig out a 1J and give that a go see if the smaller length stops the piston turning off its rails so easily.

Comment

in my CA when you look at the GB from the side, with an m100 in, the spring guide actually bendsalong with the spring, you know a GB should have it straight, well mine aint. its only when i screw the bolt into the back of it that it does. that could be your problem, the spring guide is out of postition, but you cant go wrong with a 1j, i think:D

Comment

Forget the Piston Head? Is the piston correctly on its guide rails when the mechbox is shut? Did you forget the motor support plates? Have you cycled the mechbox through out side of the gun, you would be able to see the gear axels moving through the bearings.
          dsgdreamteam

Comment

Hi,

I have upgraded my TM Famas recently and had some similar problems.

Remove the sticker on the side of the gearbox and check if the piston guide rails are in place. Normally it slides of track while closing the gearbox.

If everything is ok, try checking if your fuse has blown out because if the motor tries to pullback a hard spring like m100 and the battery does not respond to much stress in the motor and "puf" goes the fuse (the fuse blows for security reasons for not burning the motor).
            There for i have upgraded my battery to a LiPo 11,1v and have put a fuse of 25A instead of the 15A that comes in stock.

To discard battery ask one of your friends that have a 9,6v battery fully charged to test it.

Best Regards

Barabu

Comment

famas piston tends to catch on the sector gear and twist slightly out of place and hence not sitting in the rails as suggested!

French Revenge! hahaha
              Student Of Master Fong

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

BioSniper Find out more about BioSniper
              Working...
              X