Small fps gain in pdw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small fps gain in pdw

Looking to just bump up the fps slightly in my pdw. Not really dancing a spring change, or installing a new tb barrel just yet.

At the moment it's 300 with hop off, and 280 with the hop on.

Anyone know of any little tips for bumping up the fps on one of these?

Re: Small fps gain in pdw

wrap the barrel and hop rubber in ptfe then reinstall
    sigpic

Comment

Bearing spring guide and either shim the spring or bearing piston head.
      Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

Sorry Midas should have said Im totally incapable with gearboxes, so opening that up would be a no go really. Might as well put it in for a service and have a new spring in it while im at it

Comment

got a friend to do it instead in the end. now pumping out a nicer 300-310 FPS.

Apparently the internals were screwed! When I got it it was at 300, but I had done a lot of hop fiddling so had assumed that to be the cause. WHen my friend opened the gearbox, all of the bearings simply fell out, and the piston was virtually stripped as well!

Comment

And you vouched for the quality of Dboys over VFC in an appraisals thread

glad you got it sorted mate
            sigpic

Comment

Haha its not a new gun though, fairly old actually!

Comment

use lighter bb`s lol

Hmmm you want more fps without opening up the gearbox ? A good hop up rubber will get you more range maybe not much fps D-boys guns are great for the money but there hop rubbers dont seal up as nice as others

You might get 10fps or so with a good sealing hop bucking and if you shell out for a tight bore barrel you may get 10 to 30fps depending so theres something for you to think about

Personally I just crack open the gearbox and go to work lol
                sigpic
                Oh when will I get a decent knights stoner LMG aeg ?

P mags up for sale http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...encer-200mm-m4

Comment

Originally posted by thekonassure View Post
                  use lighter bb`s lol

Hmmm you want more fps without opening up the gearbox ? A good hop up rubber will get you more range maybe not much fps D-boys guns are great for the money but there hop rubbers dont seal up as nice as others

You might get 10fps or so with a good sealing hop bucking and if you shell out for a tight bore barrel you may get 10 to 30fps depending so theres something for you to think about

Personally I just crack open the gearbox and go to work lol
                  Was using .2g bbs. As you can see above, the gearbox was already opened by a friend, and he put a new spring in there for me. Now pumping out a healthy 300-310

Comment

Oh yeah sorry someone at work asked me something while reading must of missed a post.

I`d still get a decent hop bucking for it
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thekonassure View Post
                      Oh yeah sorry someone at work asked me something while reading must of missed a post.

I`d still get a decent hop bucking for it
                      Whacked in a Midas Clear hop last night. Spoke to someone at my local site who was getting some pretty good range on his rifle, and he recommended it. Will have some feedback on how it does tomorrow

Comment

Ah cool lets just call it "I cant believe its not guarder" Midas clear bucking lol

Cool good luck with it man
                        sigpic

Comment

Yeah I know its a guarder hop really.

Worked an absolute charm. Much better range than before. Can now solidly hold its own against standard M4 ranges, and for something so small thats no mean feat!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Boo-Sabum Ben Instructor & Umpire with the International Taekwon-Do Federation Find out more about Boo-Sabum Ben
                          Working...
                          X