Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• URGENT! - Won't Fire :(

Hi,

Urgently need some help with a CA G36c I have done some work on. I really need it for tomorrows skirmish!

I've taken the gearbox apart as the trigger needed to pulled right the way back to fire, turned out was a loose connection.

Put the thing back together, and it fires. So everything is cycling, but no pellets come out. I've taken off the mag well off, and stuck a pellet in the barrel. Covered the insert with my finger and fired, just does not go anywhere. I've check the barrel for blockages, and air comes out of the end.

I am assuming the power is just too low. The only things I found that were possible causes would be that I might have put the spring in backwards (would this matter?) The other things is the air nozzel, seems to just sit on the end of the piston head. Moves a bit freely. But as far as I remember that is how it was in the first place.

Anyhelp please?! It's a V3 gearbox by the way. All standard.

Re: URGENT! - Won't Fire

Can you see the nozzel moving in the hop when you fire ?
    Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyj View Post
      Can you see the nozzel moving in the hop when you fire ?
      Don't seem to move much at all...

That's good or bad, lol.

Comment

could be that the hop-up is assembled wrong, i know havent said that you touced it but thats one possibility. Other than that it could be that the tappet plate isnt moving the nozzle correctly giving you feeding issuses. That shouldnt affect the gun firing a single pellet though, have you tried it upside down? other than that i would suggest that it is the hop.

Comment

Tappet plate. The hook, goes behind the nozzle, or infront of it?

The hop I've tried all the way on and off, so hopefully should not be that.

Comment

pop a bb down the barrel , use your cleaning rod to push it in to place and test fire again ,

you never said if bbs are feeding in to your barrel ? if there not feeding its your tappet plate ( missing spring/ broken plate ot air nozzel was not placed in the tappet correct )

Comment

The hook on the tappet plate shoud go in the groove on the nozzle allowing it to move forward and back.

Comment

the hook on the nozzle goes neither in front or behind it clips into a recess in the nozzle, if this is not correct nozzle will not move properly to allow feeding (barny beat me to it)
                Last edited by screwdriver; 30 January, 2009, 18:44. Reason: update
                m14/l1a1/thompson/sten/sig552/kac pdw/svd/l85a2/mp40/m16vn/car15/type56/mac10/scorpion/m79/m1 carbine/m60vn/stoner63/vfc bar/xm177e2/grease gun/ar57/m1911/uzi/aksu/mp5 b&t/ppsh41/mpl/diy sog rpd/acm m500/galil/

Comment

Sounds like I'll need to take it apart again then and check that tappet.

When I put the pellet in the barrel and fired didn't come out all that fast.

Any other things to check while I have it apart again?

Comment

sounds 100% like your nozzel fella just do as above if you need any pic's i have a G&P v2 gb in bits atm

Comment

I should be ok, thanks for the help!

Think I'm going to give tomorrows skirmish a miss, getting it all broken down and back tonight going to be a rush!

Oh well, roll on next weekend!

Comment

OK.

The large hook on the back of the tappet plate is puuled back by a small metal nub on the sector (piston driving) gear. The TP is pulled forward again by a small spring, situated near the fron of the TP. This mean that the nozzle (clipped onto the front of the TP) will move back and forward, and feed bbs one at a time into the hopup chamber.

Other things to look for if this is fine,

Check all your airseal parts: Piston, piston head, o ring, cylinder head, nozzle. Check that the piston can move freely and isn't obstucted.

Comment

aside from locating the nozzle grove in the lip on the tappet plate, also ensure that the spring is put on the tappet plate pulling it to the most forward position.
                          Student Of Master Fong

Comment

this exact situation has happened to my TM MP7 and I didnt take it apart at alll!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

jagillham Find out more about jagillham
                            Working...
                            X