Gear cleaning help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gear cleaning help

Hey im having some trouble with full auto cycles on my gear box as i previously lubed it with silicon grease on the gears which i know now is wrong

Im hoping a clean out and regrease will solve this. How do you clean the gearbox?

Could a guide be linked basicly how to clean and re lube, thanks

Re: Gear cleaning help

watch your wife or girlfriend doing the dishes after tea, very similar to that..

except your allowed to leave more of a mess when your done.

Comment

.... Is it fine just to wipe it with a cloth, or do you use water? soapy water? alcohol wipes etc?

Comment

So you think using Silicon grease has caused a problem with auto?????

Just use paper towels or something and wipe it off....
        Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

i fill up a shallow bowl with hot water, fairly liquid then dunky the parts then clean them all, some of the grease will be really gunked on there and in some cases with broken gears or pinions your trying to get rid of all the small broken peices of metal too, so scrubing doesnt hurt.

Afterwards dry and nows a good opertunity to do any mods like venting any none vented pistons, or expanding the o ring with heat around the cylinder.

lightly re grease, youll need sticky greases not liquid based greases.

Test compression.

seat the bearings with bearing lock.

at this point you will have spent some time on it, waiting for things to dry etc.

ill usually soldier any electrical saftey contacts at this point for longevity.

Now you reshim each gear one at a time follwing which ever shimming guide you want to follow.

When its back together shimming is spot on, its clean and as fast as it can go ie no meshing gears they spin with just your finger. And compressions as good as it can get with standard parts.

Double check free movment of the tappet plate and that it doesnt interfier with the gears, and then your done.

Its good to test with just gears and pistol grip and motor first. Then redo this time with compression parts and spring. Then test with just pistol grip installed and motor. If it passes that then you can install it in the lower reciever..

all in all about 2 - 4 hours depending on how the shimming goes.

Comment

Originally posted by richardy View Post
            seat the bearings with bearing lock.
            Put that on the outside of the bushing? To make it stick to the case to prevent spinning.

On the inside of the bushing put white lithium

Comment

*The problem mentioned above about full-auto*
              when its fired the air nozzle doesn't always return to the retracted state after firing, I'm thinking that the incorrect,worn down lube is to blame.

Comment

it doesnt have too, theres no mechanism to govern where the gears stop in full auto mode, it will often stop in various different postions.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikeyc22 View Post
                  Put that on the outside of the bushing? To make it stick to the case to prevent spinning.

On the inside of the bushing put white lithium
                  yeah outside of the bushing of bearing use bearing lock, basically red locite.

On the inside, bearing oil is preferable, but with bushings i guess a sticky lethium might be alright. really when it comes to bushings it should be about the fit on the shaft, ie not to tight but also not to loose. thats often more important, else youll see a rof reduction from excess friction.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Mikeyc22 19 Find out more about Mikeyc22
                  Working...
                  X