Battery help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery help

I currently have a G&P QRF which is completely standard. I am using 8.4v batteries (Crane stock type) and have been told if i upgrade to 9.6v i will get a better rate of fire?

Any ideas if this will cause other problems with this particular AEG?

Cheers

Re: Battery help

9.6v will be fine, shouldnt cause any probs at all

Comment

Originally posted by M.I.A View Post
      9.6v will be fine, shouldnt cause any probs at all
      Not strictly true.

It shouldn't cause any problems in the short term, but with any rotating/reciprocating mechanism, the faster it moves, the faster it wears out.

It may well still last years (I'm running a bog-standard ICS MP5 on 11.1v lipo and haven't yet melted polar ice caps, or made distant stars explode), but when it goes, it would probably have lasted longer on the lower voltage battery.
      sigpic

Comment

Assume the gearbox would be the problem if i did upgrade rather than the motor?

Comment

The motor should be able to cope, yes.

Think of all the weak points in an AEG gearbox; that's what will get the wear and tear.
          sigpic

Comment

the piston will wear a bit faster the motor may heat up a bit more and you may have to take out the fuse everything will be moving faster the spur gear may not last as long if the gears are crappy cast ones but it will be ok man just will be shooting faster so you`ll fire more rounds in less time and put more wear on your gun like driving a car faster.
            sigpic
            Oh when will I get a decent knights stoner LMG aeg ?

P mags up for sale http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...encer-200mm-m4

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

beefcurtains1977 Unicorns of Wonder Find out more about beefcurtains1977
            Working...
            X