Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Locked Cyma AK Gearbox Help

Hey guys,

Just tested out a new mag, and stupidly used a battery thats pretty much dead. It turned over fine for a few shots, then I started doing some 3 round bursts, and now its locked up. Taking the motor cage off, and looking inside for the anti reversal latch, here is what I can see. Is it me, or is the anto reversal latch where it should actually be?

Its a bit stiff, the gearbox, but something solid is definately stopping it. I can push it about a 5% turn, before it stops rigid, and spins back to where it was before. thats pushing on the gear that the AR latch is against, not the motor gear.

Re: Locked Cyma AK Gearbox Help

Never mind! gearbox freed up now. Mods can delete this, or leave it up to aid anyone who asks this question in the future.

The simple cure:

Push against the gear so that pressure is off the AR latch, then with pliers simply lift it up, and take pressure off the gear. Be prepared for it to whir noisly at you, then let go of the AR latch once it stops spinning, and put the motor back on.

Comment

Or use a simple hook tool made from an old slim screwdriver with the tip turned through 90 degrees, (Heat in a gas flame until red, to make it easier to bend)
      Grind the tip down to about 2-3 mm. And its ideal for releasing anti reversal latches.

Comment

1. remove this wee plastic over who protects "piston's grearwheel" against dust and other crap.
        2.take some metal rod and insert if through air muzzle.chose it carefully to avoid any damages who might happen to pistonhead ( no sharp objects !! ). then push piston up to the end till you feel you cannot push it further.
        3. spin in the piston gearwheel in the same direction as normally it spins.

Comment

I use a Screwdriver as described above with a little 90 degree bend at the end to lift the latches.

My ICS AK used to this all the time. turned out the switch assembly was slowly dying meaning sometimes not enough current would get to the motor to fully turn the gearbox over. When taking it apart - quite a lot of the plastic on the trigger assembly was melted.. Replaced it with a new block and new wiring, reshimmed and regreased it and its been lovely ever since.

May be worth checking out if it locks up again.
          Always looking for G3 Mid cap mags. PM me.

Comment

It's it's first lock up since I got it, and it's a few years old. IRS only becausethe battery I was usin is dead and barely holds a charge anymore!

Comment

So a lack of current then

I think my 45amp discharge battery was probably to blame for my melting trigger block and then ironically; the lack of current to turn the motor.
              Always looking for G3 Mid cap mags. PM me.

Comment

Yeah thats all. I knew the battery was dead, and had been unable to hold a charge for longer than a few hundred rounds. Just wanted to test a new mag in the gun, so its not a concern anymore really!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Boo-Sabum Ben Instructor & Umpire with the International Taekwon-Do Federation Find out more about Boo-Sabum Ben
                Working...
                X