Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JG AUG misfiring

Hi,
    I just bought a Jg aug second hand of a neighbor for 20 pounds:D.
    But it doesn't work it fires about 1 in every 10 shots and it shoots it about 5 feet. We just cleaned the gearbox and shimed it, it has a new TM motor and the gearbox sounds fine, so that cant be the problem.
    I think its the hop up,its missing the locking ring and the hop rubber is in very bad condition i think this might be the case?
    Do you think that's the case or something else.
    thanks.
    I'm A Cotton-Headed Ninnymuggins.

Re: JG AUG misfiring

Originally posted by spacey View Post
    Hi,
    I think its the hop up,its missing the locking ring and the hop rubber is in very bad condition i think this might be the case?
    Is the barrel twisted? so that the hole for the hop up isnt at the top? this could cause the nub and rubber to be mishappen or when the twisting happened the rubber may have folded into that hole. cause a major obstruction in the barrel.

You may want to check to see if the barrel is bent, this could also cause you a problem.

Also check your air seal. you seem to be competent with gearboxes so i would assume that you checked that but you never know.

As for the feeding, you may have a feeding issue, trying turning your gun upside down and placing one bb so that you can see it fall into the hop up, then fire the gun. If it fires, then you have a feeding issue. If it doesnt fire the first time, continue to dry fire until it does, IF it does then you have an air seal or other issue, if it doesnt then you have a barrel obstruction. (as the build up of bbs would normal push it past the obstuction and THEN fire the bb, the build up of bbs would also restrict airflow, hence the minuscule range.

Let us know how you get on.
    Signature Removed

Comment

Re: JG AUG misfiring

Ok cheers, it will be the hop up then,im going to order a g&p metal hop up for it.
      thanks.
      I'm A Cotton-Headed Ninnymuggins.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

spacey Find out more about spacey
      Working...
      X