Hop up time... again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hop up time... again!

Decided I am going to upgrade the stock bucking a nub in my G&P m4. H-nub and TM bucking should do me lovely.
    Now I have always changed nubs and bucking's just because one is "better" than another. The thing I am wondering is WHY is one brand better than another?

Final thing, would a new hop units actually do much to help? if so, why do they it, I know madbull ultimate does not adjust itself when shooting... but nor does my stock G&P one.

Re: Hop up time... again!

1. In my experience - hardly makes any difference. Except when replacing either a torn or chronically poor (SRC - I'm looking at you!) hop rubber.

2. The Madbull allows for the most minute of adjustment, which really allows you to pick that sweet spot and make it stick.

Comment

h nubs are crap and usually a miss, go for a scs if you can find one

or just stick with a normal nub.

madbull 3 in 1 gave me more range than the element hop unit..its very well built i love it

best setup i had to date: ca scar hop unit(same design as the 3 in 1) systema bucking, scs and madbull tight bore

it was just straight beast, shame i never got to play with it lol

Comment

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
        1. In my experience - hardly makes any difference. Except when replacing either a torn or chronically poor (SRC - I'm looking at you!) hop rubber.
        This is what I don't really understand, people say a "good" bucking will increase range but how is this possible. If you are able to overhop a bucking then surely with a new bucking no matter how "good" it is it will reach out the same place? I'm not sure I worded that very well though sorry :/.

2. The Madbull allows for the most minute of adjustment, which really allows you to pick that sweet spot and make it stick.
        I never knew you could adjust to really minute amounts, but effectively this will not reaaaally do much, except maybe save a little time?

Comment

End of the day, it's just something to give good consistent friction. I'd look no further than a £5 TM one!

A lot of people struggle with the "traditional" hop unit, as many will lose their setting over the day - and I find them clunky to adjust.

If yours is fine, then not too much point with changing over.

As with any upgrade/mod - the difference between the worst AEG set up properly and the best isn't all that much really.

Comment

I completely agree with BringOnThunder, I used to think about optimising all the time and then I decided to actually think about it.

Comment

End of the day, it's just something to give good consistent friction. I'd look no further than a £5 TM one!

A lot of people struggle with the "traditional" hop unit, as many will lose their setting over the day - and I find them clunky to adjust.

If yours is fine, then not too much point with changing over.

As with any upgrade/mod - the difference between the worst AEG set up properly and the best isn't all that much really.
              I am sort of playing Devil's advocate as it just occurred to me that I was going to upgrade my bucking even though I am still able to overhop which would suggest it's still fine. I have no problem spending £5 if it will actually do something, but £5 for something purely psychologic seems a little bit of a waste.

Comment

I changed my stock G&P bucking for a £5 TM one and the difference is noticeable. Much more accurate - even with the standard inner barrel.

Comment

Originally posted by old_and_slow View Post
                  I changed my stock G&P bucking for a £5 TM one and the difference is noticeable. Much more accurate - even with the standard inner barrel.
                  If there is a difference then I will go out and buy a new bucking. Still dont quite understand the whole ins and outs of it though :/ I guess I should just get a life and not be bothered how things work and just be glad they do .

Modizle Said H-nubs were bad, I don't usually compare H-nub vs normal nub as I change the nub and bucking simultaneously. Can anybody back up that it is worth putting in or not?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

BringOnThunder Find out more about BringOnThunder
                  Working...
                  X