Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

V2 gearbox jamming at same point each time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V2 gearbox jamming at same point each time.

Hey all
    noob to forum but not to fixing things so I think I should be able to fix this if told what on earth is wrong with it.

The motor pulls the piston back to around 3/4 of the way then it stops (same place each time) then when the trigger is pressed the motor tries to spin but doesn't move (you can hear the click as it pushes against the pinion gear), the wiring gets really hot at this point.

Then after removing motor and manually rotating the gears with a screwdriver the piston goes all the way back then releases. To start again.

The motor spins perfectly when outside of the gearbox.

The batteries are fully charged, things are greased quite nicely. Also I goof'd around with the shims may not have put them back correctly as they flew everywhere first time I opened it after it jammed, any tips on re-shimming? I think I have done them correctly but what are you primarily looking for? (that the gears mech tightly obviously but anything else?)

ty in advance.

------Mods ----------------------------- Members

Re: V2 gearbox jamming at same point each time.

sounds like shimming issues matey have a look on youtube there's some pretty comprehensive guides on there

Comment

Originally posted by BALBOSA View Post
      sounds like shimming issues matey have a look on youtube there's some pretty comprehensive guides on there
      cheers I'll check them out, but assuming it's not shimming as I think I did an adequate job with that what else could cause it?

I did have problems with the trigger mech ... could the connections be worn on that causing it to have a weak connection?

Comment

Check if ANY of the teeth of any of the gears is missing.

The gear axle may be bent, that could be problematic.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

ya, if its stopping at 3/4s its becuase resistance is too high for it to turn the gearbox fully.

Take out the cylinder set and reassemble without that, then see if and how fast the gears rotate on there own. a clear and surefire way to see if your shimming is any good. listen and watch.

Comment

Originally posted by richardy View Post
            ya, if its stopping at 3/4s its becuase resistance is too high for it to turn the gearbox fully.

Take out the cylinder set and reassemble without that, then see if and how fast the gears rotate on there own. a clear and surefire way to see if your shimming is any good. listen and watch.
            good plan! I will try this because the gears are all in pretty decent condition. So the chances are its the shimming thing.... joy lol

right cheers all lets hope it works

Comment

What rifle is it? I had a similar problem with my rifle turns out was the anti reversal latch locking in place

Comment

Originally posted by hayesie View Post
                What rifle is it? I had a similar problem with my rifle turns out was the anti reversal latch locking in place
                It's a m4?
                Its a v2 gearbox, the anti reversal latch is a little bugger to keep in place when putting it back together! how did you work out it was the anti reversal latch?

Comment

the ar latch has to be pushed back towards the case so it can spring back onto the gear when you put it back if you can go one way and not the other your ar latch is in correctly

Comment

Originally posted by BALBOSA View Post
                    the ar latch has to be pushed back towards the case so it can spring back onto the gear when you put it back if you can go one way and not the other your ar latch is in correctly
                    lol no no I knew that but I don't know how a latch could stop the movement at the exact same point each time.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

bobfish Find out more about bobfish
                    Working...
                    X