CA G36 gearbox problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CA G36 gearbox problem

Hey chaps, my G36 started playing up this weekend. It started making a spinning whirring noise, and a guy identified it as the motor height needed adjusting. A quick play around with a tiny alan key and it was working again.

However, about 35 minutes later, it started doing it again, and no matter how much we tried fiddling it just wouldnt start firing properly.

I've got it home now, and stripped it out of the grip. I've released the motor part from the rest of the gearbox and had a look at the cogs and they seem ok, but as its the first time i've seen the inside of one, how am I to know?!

I'm gonna upload some pics of the internals, and a short youtube video of how it sounds to help one of you beautiful talented people diagnose it

Thanks in advance

** edit **
    Youtube video here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vam4xOa7EcE
    Last edited by Chrisseh; 28 June, 2011, 15:36.

Re: CA G36 gearbox problem

Pictures of internals :

Comment

mmm....doesn't sound too healthy...
      The motor rotates freely, but no sound from gears and expecially it doesn't fire.

Sounds to me like the pinion gear is stripped... or detached from the motor...

Comment

(btw what about resizing the image? )

edit: ok after seeing the pictures I'd say that nothing is stripped...

Are you sure that you adjusted the motor heigh properly? the pinion gear looks like it's a bit stripped, and I can see some metal chips around the motor...
        Motor too low to engage?
        Last edited by tommyVega; 28 June, 2011, 15:58.

Comment

I'm not sure how to resize them - when i view this topic the images are already resized to fit my screen?

I've looked at brand new motors and I think it may be the Cog connected to the motor that has worn down.

Comment

With the stupid internet connection I have at work it took me 5 mins to download! lol

I've edited the post above:

Comment

Originally posted by tommyVega View Post
              (btw what about resizing the image? )

edit: ok after seeing the pictures I'd say that nothing is stripped...

Are you sure that you adjusted the motor heigh properly? the pinion gear looks like it's a bit stripped, and I can see some metal chips around the motor...
              Motor too low to engage?
              I've pushed the motor up as far as it will go and it doesnt help

Comment

After having a good tinker around, I found that if I Held the motor with my own hands and pushed it up and to one side, in the direction of the internal cogs, then it would make contact and fire the gun properly. But when the motor is lined up with the rest of the gun it isnt making contact, and the pistol grip is so tight that when the internals are pushed back into place, the motor is lined up dead straight, which means it wont make contact.

Is it a whole new motor and gears I need, or just a new motor?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Chrisseh Newbie Softer Find out more about Chrisseh
                Working...
                X