P90 - High Speed Setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P90 - High Speed Setup

Once was running a 310fps P90 on a Systema Turbo motor, with standard gears... After about 2 or 3 skirmishes, the motor pinion gear... Was Shredded.

So after waiting all this time, I've decided to buy a new pinion gear, and now it's arrived, was questioning on weather I should replace the EG-1000 motor, as I've heard you need a few good parts to run a Systema Turbo

It's currently got :-

Guarder Polycarbonate Piston
    Element M105 Spring (Giving 370fps - wow, needs a downgrade, I was shocked too - must be a good airseal).
    King Arms Tappet Plate

Everything else is stock, I think. I do have a Systema Cylinder which I might put in, but from reviews, I'm wary on what Systema Parts are any good (I know their piston's aren't much kop!)

So, I was wondering, would I need some high speed gears to get her running fine - without stripping the pinion gear again? It's a Guarder Pinion Gear now, so hopefully more reinforced than the systema one, but will the HS Gears make stripping it less likely?

I was thinking of getting the "Element High Speed Gear Set for V2 Gearbox" from Ebay - which also comes with the Red Polycarbonate piston, from element. It's around £17 for it delivered, coming from HK - so cheap enough, and I've heard nothing but good things about element parts.

Ultimate Question - should these work fine with the Systema Motor (and before you ask, V2 gears DO work in V6 gboxes!)

Cheers.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Re: P90 - High Speed Setup

Was there any damage to the other gears when it failed? was the piston locked back, gear sripped etc..?

Guarder Pinion gears are just as brittle as Systema's, the best pinion gear currently on the market is Systema's reinforced one (which are made from Cromoly steel as opposed to the brittle sintered steel one which is fitted on the motors as standard), the standard ones aren't that bad though to be honest, its getting them set perfectly. In most setups, especially high speed setups, i set the motor position with a far underpowered battery to avoid accelerated wear.
    2 -3 Skirmishes is certainly too soon for failure, so something isn't right there somewhere.

As for the other parts, if you do get the Element gear set, don't use the piston if its the clear one with one metal tooth. Those are terrible, the ones with 7 metal teeth are the decent ones. The Guarder one you have should be pretty decent anyway.

Brands, Most people always pass Systema off as the "best" high end parts company, but it simply isn't true for the most part, they simply don't have best of every part, their pistons in particular are terrible for high speed guns, their motors have design flaws and there are many better alternatives out there these days. It doesn't mean to say that they are rubbish, infact i still use some Systema parts in my gun, but only a select few.

Their Gear sets, Piston heads, Airseal nozzles, Cylinder heads, Cylinders, Spring guides, Mechboxes, Hop buckings etc are all very good parts, extremely high quality, some of their other parts are flawed though either design or materials.

High speed gears won't really make stripping less likely, they are just of a lower ratio than standard, so higher potential ROF.
    dsgdreamteam

Comment

Re: P90 - High Speed Setup

an item to note is that system piton gears are not compatable with all makes bevil gears, TM is not usualy a problem but it may be worth changing over to a system gear set
      Your life is only as long as my trigger pull

SAVE AIRSOFT IN SCOTLAND! http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/ScottishGunBan/ YOUR HOBBY NEEDS YOU!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Gaffa Nicknamed "Gaffa" because I can be bossy, but get the job done! I'm built for comfort, not speed... Find out more about Gaffa
      Working...
      X