ultimate hop units?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ultimate hop units?

hi everyone, hope ive put this in the right thread, i have a ca sr25 and wanted to no whether a madbull ultimate hop unit will improve range and accuracy over the oe hop unit from classic army??
    sigpic

Re: ultimate hop units?

The unit itself wont. Its the rubber that will make the difference. Get a new hop rubber in your gun and your golden. All the hop unit will do is provide better consistnecy, and perhaps a better airseal.

The madbull Ultimates are very picky about set ups though

Comment

really, i local shop just says marui hop rubbers whats better than them? i dont want to hike the fps up though
      sigpic

Comment

value for money TM is best. Firefly are among the very best, but cost double a TM rubber. Im about to try one of Midas' clear rubbers, as I hear they are really good!

Whats your current FPS. the biggest variance you will ever see from a rubber alone is about 20 either way

Comment

i dont no, but its stock ca. so id imagine around 330-350?!

will no saturday when i go skirmishing
          sigpic

Comment

I jave a mb ultimate unit in my army r85a1 abd once i put it in along with a blue shark rubber it came with i noticed a lagre change in range and accuracy. Although it has a bb stopper on it, it doesnt seem to work for mine :P bbs still fall out! But all in all pretty good, but not for tje price they ask o.o

Proud to be British!!!

Comment

Originally posted by chris_taylor View Post
              i dont no, but its stock ca. so id imagine around 330-350?!

will no saturday when i go skirmishing
              I think youll see an increase with the madbull unit. I did with my M4. I got another 30 FPS out of it from a rubber change and that unit.

If I were you, and you want better range, and youre already running a TM rubber, then go for a firefly rubber for £20.

If you want the madbull unit, but also better range, then youll need one of the shark rubbers, the unit, and a tightbore barrel. The 3 parts seem to work with each other in that combination alone. A standard barrel definately wont work.

Comment

Originally posted by MadChinaBull View Post
                I jave a mb ultimate unit in my army r85a1 abd once i put it in along with a blue shark rubber it came with i noticed a lagre change in range and accuracy. Although it has a bb stopper on it, it doesnt seem to work for mine :P bbs still fall out! But all in all pretty good, but not for tje price they ask o.o
                If I were you id take the stoper out. Especially if it doesnt do its job. As well as stopping bbs falling out, it also stops them going in from time to time. You need an immaculately feeding midcap, or a constantly fully wound Hi cap to get results consistantly with that ring on!

Comment

the ulti hop unit comes with a blue 60 degree rubber and i already have a promethesus tight bore
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by chris_taylor View Post
                    the ulti hop unit comes with a blue 60 degree rubber and i already have a promethesus tight bore
                    Not sure about prommy barrels. you might be alright with that! the problem is that madbull tightbores are thinner in total than standard barrels. Standard barrels are too tight in the unit, and cause the rubber to be malformed.

Comment

ahh, ive heard about that. hmmm just a rubber may be better
                      sigpic

Comment

Yeah. The rubber is where the real performance comes from. the unit is just a nicer housing for it. Unless your hop is slipping all the time, then its not worh the £35 they cost!

Comment

not really. hop rubber it is, and firefly you say?
                          sigpic

Comment

I've changed the barrel, hop and rubber in my VFC 416 to the full Madbull set-up. The increase in range over the old hop up and TB is amazing, plus the micro-fine level of adjustment in the ultimate is way beyond anything I've seen in any other airsoft gun.

Highly, highly recommended.
                            sigpic

Comment

what tight bore you using robin?
                              sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

chris_taylor me, a handsome chap :D Find out more about chris_taylor
                              Working...
                              X