Dboy M4 RIS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dboy M4 RIS

Hey i just got my M4 and as usual they come with a terrible battery what would be recommended to use the gun at its full potential?

Kind Regards

Re: Dboy M4 RIS

UNDERSTANDING BATTERY MARKINGS The capacity of a battery is stated in mA (milli-amps). One milli-amp is one thousandth of an amp, therefore 2400mA is 2.4Amps. The higher the milli-amp number, the longer the battery will last before a recharge is required. For example: a 2400mA battery pack will last approx. twice as long as a 1200mA pack. The capacity DOES NOT affect the velocity or rate of fire of any electric gun.The voltage of a battery pack DOES affect the rate of fire but does not affect the velocity (FPS) of any electric gun. Most AEG's (Automatic Electric Gun) are designed to run on a 8.4V battery pack. Using a 7.2V will decrease the rate of fire by approx. 10 to 15% but the gearbox will generally last longer as it is under less strain and will also use 10 to 15% less BB's per minute of firing. Using a 9.6V pack will increase the rate of fire by a similar percentage but will decrease gearbox life and obviously use more BB's per minute of firing. A 9.6V pack should only be used in AEG's with steel gearsets as it will quickly destroy alloy gears.A battery will never increase the velocity or range of an AEG. Only an upgrade involving a new piston spring, possibly piston and/or o-ring seals will do this.
    Hope this help mate.

Three reasons to stand up: 1. To get the remote 2. To go to the bathroom 3. Because you’re the real slim shady

Comment

Some good advice there but you're wrong on one thing, the capacity does affect the ROF as in large batteries there is less internal resistance of the battery cells.

Battery wise if your M4 needs a mini battery i'd reccomend a decent 8.4v Ni-MH type such as overlander's batts. If you need a large you cant go wrong with a Tornado Large batt

Comment

Cheers guys this helps a lot thanks happy airsfoting

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sharpsa Find out more about sharpsa
        Working...
        X