Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CA M4 Hop

Hi,

I just took my inner barrel out of my CA M4 Hop unit and after puttin it back together, how I thought it went, I have found that however much I turn the hop dial, there is no difference in the flight of the BB. I know that the hop rubber must not be creating any friction on the BB but I don't know why?
    Are there any problems that would be most likely?
    I also wanted to know what the small brass washer was for in the hop unit?

Thanks,

Jonny

Re: CA M4 Hop

the small brass washer aligns the barrel in the hop unit matey.

Do you recall/remember seeing a small 2mill long by 1mill cylinder? its called the buck, or bucking tube, that needs to be in the recess that the arm on the hop unit pushes into the hop rubber, if thats not there, it wont work, its easy to miss it, tends to fall out when you seperate the hop from barrel.

Comment

Thanks, yer I know about the bucking and yes you are right, I did lose it and didn't realise. I have now replaced it and put I have put a TM Hop rubber I used to run in my G36 on the barrel, and put everything back together. Unfortunately I now have a problem...The BB's with the hop on seem to fire well for a few shots and then for the next couple the BBs will drop off as if there is no hop at all!
      Does anyone have any idea why this is?

Comment

hmmm, sounds like the hops winding off on its own, is it very easy to wind the hop? i.e. is the winding wheel loose, easy to wind?

Comment

It is easy yes, and would benefit from some tightening. But, that is not the problem as after a couple of shots of it feeling like there is no hop, it goes back to shooting fine for a few more and so on and so on.

Comment

yep, so, when you fire the gun, it works for a bit, then feels like theres no hop, i.e. balls drop or flick up, do you then re adjust the hop to fix it, or does it fix itself?

If you do have to readjust the hop, then it needs tightening.

Did you fit the brass ring? properly... as in, put all back together, then slide the ring down the inner barrel, and push it just into the hop, locking the hop to the barrel, any play in the hop, would cause inconsistant accuracy.

Comment

If all of the above fail (which I doubt they will, itis sensible advice), then just try reassembling your hop unit and cleaning everything. A lot of issues are from you just missing something, or dirt.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Jonny Shoe Find out more about Jonny Shoe
              Working...
              X