System 1J spring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• System 1J spring

I purchased a new System 1J spring to downgrade my SRC HK 416 from the i presume m100 spring it comes with stock.
    I've spent half the night trying to get the gearbox shut with this new systema spring in, but seemingly no matter what i do the spring flexs and moved the piston out of the guides.
    Any suggestions on how to keep evrything in place while i close the box? also i have very litle issues putting the old stock spring back in the gearbox and closing it up, surely the new weaker spring should be easier?

thanks for any help and advice you can offer.

Re: System 1J spring

i would youtube it to see the tecnique used to close it up easily... though there should be no real reason why its harder to do with one spring than another unless it is considerabley longer. you should be able to hold the cylinder + piston assembly down with a few fingers going through the gap in the casing where the cylinder sits and use the other hand to push in the spring guide then just snap it shut... youtube will probly expalin it better than anyone can in words.

Comment

Right index finger on the back of the piston, then as you put the two haves together move it to the cylinder...

Mixed with plenty of practice. One finger tip is all thats needed.
      Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

So it isnt a problem if the spring doesn't stay straight while the case is open?

Comment

I hold a small screwdriver in the spring guide to keep the spring down and straight together with my left index to hold the spring down. Put the top half of the gearbox in position, right index to replace left index on the spring, and 2 fingers on the cylinder.

Btw, isn't 1J = M100?

Comment

Thanks for all the tips guys, I sat down after work today and got it in with very little trouble.
            Unfortunatly fired a few test shots and noted that single shot is now doing full auto, any pointers on what normally causes this?
            I would strip it back down and sort it now but I'm gonna wait till after saterday so i can chrono it and make sure im under the limit with this new spring.

Comment

no systema make a m100 and a 1j spring for some reason when both of them seam to chrono under 330 lol

Syetema springs suck now days anyway
              sigpic
              Oh when will I get a decent knights stoner LMG aeg ?

P mags up for sale http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...encer-200mm-m4

Comment

Did you put the cut off lever spring back in?
                And just to clarify, Systema's M100 typically yields approx 350fps w/.20g and their 1J around 330fps.
                dsgdreamteam

Comment

100 m/s with 0.2 g = 1 Joule of energy.. why calling it 2 different ways?

Comment

I do remember back when systema springs were new the irregular pitch 1j would give 300 to 320 and the m100 would give over 330 and need a tiny bit cut out of it in some aegs

Maybe the linear 1j spring was 328 but I never had one of them, I dont waste my money on systema parts any-more.

Get an sp95 or sp100
                    sigpic
                    Oh when will I get a decent knights stoner LMG aeg ?

P mags up for sale http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...encer-200mm-m4

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Mole. Find out more about Mole.
                    Working...
                    X