Buffer/Stock Tube issue with AWS Raptor Mosfet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buffer/Stock Tube issue with AWS Raptor Mosfet

I have finally received my rear wired AWS Raptor Mosfet, and after some "fun" getting it installed and tested, I started to reassemble my gun and come across a problem...

The rear wired battery cable is so short it is not long enough get past the lower receivers stock tube 'adapter' and into the actual stock tube itself. (See attached pic). It could do with being a few inches longer ( ).

I can only think of 2 ways around this:

1) Extend the Mosfet cables by a few inches (I am no electrician and suck at soldering), can anybody recommend somebody who could do this? richardy?

2) Cut away the bottom of the stock adapter which I don't think will work and risks ruining my lower receiver.

The other alternative is to run the wires outside the stock tube which I really don't want todo.

Anybody have any ideas?

Re: Buffer/Stock Tube issue with AWS Raptor Mosfet

you have to desoldier the deans and soldier on a extention wire, thread it where you would normally run the wiring then on the end refit the deans.

Comment

What Richardy said plus, if you want to, you could use a suitable bullet connector for the join.
      Originally posted by TLSFx on the misuse of pyros
      Never wave them at police firearms response teams. Those people have (real) guns and no sense of humour.

Comment

Originally posted by richardy View Post
        you have to desoldier the deans and soldier on a extention wire, thread it where you would normally run the wiring then on the end refit the deans.
        ok thanks, Im not skilled enough with a soldering iron todo that, so I've sent you an email

Comment

prob not gone through to me bud, all the new repair based emails go through to luke now

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

johnc2k Find out more about johnc2k
          Working...
          X